My appeal

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm waiting for my tribunal date and received a mass of paperwork this morning was a bit confused as thought I would just get sent a date .it says we have looked at the points you have raised in your appeal and we have sent our response to HMCTS for them to consider.then says HMCTS will contact me regarding my appeal . Is this how they do it before you get a date for tribunal . Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janny

Yes these are sent so you have all the details of everything sent to the courts before you get a date for your tribunal. Go through them carefully, highlighting any thing which is wrong, as there were plenty of mistakes in mine. And if before your tribunal you have any extra evidence, you can contact the court by telephone, and they'll be happy to add these to the ones they have received.

You will get a date depending on how long the list is in your area. I was lucky as i was offered a cancellation. I took all this paper work, and the extra evidence I had sent to the court beforehand. Obviously not all will be relevant, but at least if you've gone through it and highlighted things. You'll be ready with your answers or any questions you may have

I won my appeal, getting enhanced for both care and mobility. But had my mum as representative, right through. Without her I wouldn't have coped.

So good luck. And let us know when you have your tribunal and the outcome.

Mark

• Posted

Thank you that all makes sense .I will keep you updated although dreading it
  • Posted

Hi,

The paper work you've received is called the bundle and that contains everything DWP have received for your claim, evidence, original form, assessment report etc. There's also a reference number in there, which you need when contacting HMCTS about the hearing. You do not need to send them the same evidence you already sent DWP but any new evidence you have should be sent to the Tribunal to arrive no later than 10 days before the hearing. Do no take it with you on the day because it has been know for them not to take it into consideration because it's too late. When sending anything to them always put your reference number on the top.

Expect a very long wait because a lot of areas have huge backlogs. Some people are waiting as long as 1 year for a date. I'm assuming you're appearing in person? This gives you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you Denise I heard there could be a long wait and yea I am appearing in person so fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.