my arthritic knees

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive had an xray on my knees at st johns private hospital in st johns wood I paid private cost over £300  because I wanted the results quick. the consultant also cost me£250 so it was expensive as I can never get to see my gp. I'm suffering from osteoporosis.  my symptoms are  a deep ache when sitting for long periods and I'm on sleeping tablets which make me depressed. can anyone suggest some treatment that can help its very expensive to go private and I'm still no better.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You haven't said what the surgeon said?

£300 for an X-ray, wow must be London prices, much cheaper privately outside, also follow up appts are much less. 

You shouldnt be sitting for long periods. Use a egg timer and make sure you get up regularly, my GP had me up every 20mins 

• Posted

Hi John sorry to hear you are suffering with such terrible pain even though you have paid private for your treatment! I am no expert to suggest a solution all I can say is keep trying to see your own Doctor and perhaps eventually you will get some sort of help. My topic was about the waiting lists for hip replacement? I am living on my own and was thinking about moving closer to friends and family but afraid of having an even longer wait if I do move away, I don’t seem to be able to find out what the waiting list is in Middlesburough but I will continue making some inquiries. I do hope you can get some ease from your pain? Thank you for getting in touch, Going private is the best option if you can afford it, I used to be a member of BUPA but had to cancel my membership as it was becoming too expensive....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.