My birthmark has re-appeared!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello my name is Matilda.

I was born with a red birthmark that covered the left side of my face next to my ear. It was always quite painful and sensitive to touch until it completely faded by the age of 15.

I am now 20 and last week it started hurting again, today I also noticed that the birthmark has started to show again and it is quite swollen and painful to touch.

Any ideas on what is happening and what kind of birthmark I have?

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So its just in front of my ear. When I was born it was bright res but faded to look like veins until it completely disappeared. But now the veins are showing up again and it is quite painful.

• Posted

did a dermatologist ever look at it ?

birth marks are not supposed to be painful .

it seems swollen in your photo near the ear.

maybe there is a problem with those nerves there.

this is beyond my expertise but a dermatologist can find out what it is.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.