My Bleeding Bowel is concerning me !

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m 39 (40 this year) and for 10 weeks I’ve been bleeding from my bowel and I noticed that I’m was going a lot more to the toilet than I ever have. I tried all the OTC stuff for piles, with no results. I eventually went to my GP last week as I couldn’t go to work as I was so tired and the abdominal pain was/is bad and the bleeding was much heavier and I am passing blood clots too. I have also kind of went right off my food. My blood were all normal so I’m awaiting an urgent GI appointment with a upper endoscopy and a flexible sigmoidoscopy to get. I’ve done 2 days of a stool culture (1 day left) and I’m just waiting.. Am I over thinking?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Minali. No I don't think that you are over thinking it and I think that you are taking all the right steps to get it taken care of as fast as you can. I'm very sorry that you are going through all this. Write here as much as you need to. Diane

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I think it probably something minor but it always in the back of my mind sad
  • Posted

Hello Minali

Hope your results will be good - and that you will feel less anxious, once you know what is going on -

Keep us informed on here.

Best regards

Susan

• Posted

Thank you Susan and I will update as and when I know more x
  • Posted

I can see why you are concerned since you have pain and blood clots I hope you get scopes done soon I pray for you its nothing troubling most people on this site end up something not too serious if that eases your mind I know all too well about over thinking medical issues please try not to let it scare you easier said than done I know keep us posted we are all here for you this is a good group
    • Posted

The blood is alarming me especially when I’m passing it daily x thank you for your kind words 
  • Posted

My stool cultures are negative so still not sure what’s happening. Bleeding been nearly non existent for 3 days but this happened in November where is stopped for a few weeks and started again. Wish I could get these other tests soon.
    • Posted

Minali. I wish you could get things done sooner also to ease your mind it's hard not to worry but I hope you get answers soon keep us posted I tried to text you yesterday but my phone was being crazy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.