My blepharitis experience

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had four operations on three eyelids this year. I tried very hard to stick with homeopathy and still think this is a good thing. I think this is related to a bout of cellulitis I had in the tissue around my eyes. i also suffer from rosacea. I will try anything to stop it recurring and so I am on the bi-carb -hot flannel regime and back to the doc. tomorrow. I have found that fucithalmic cream helps but does not prevent. the op. results were fab. the cysts had been pressing on my eyeball distorting my vision. I have had three months with no problem but it is just beginning to recur. I will not be defeated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My blepharitis is so in control. I have had it be so bad that my vision was becoming blurry. I saw an opthomoligist who only removed a bump, which came back quickly. an optomitrist who was helpful, giving me eye drops ( steriod & anti biotic) but once off of them, it all came back. 

The best thing for my blepharitis and overall health was going to a chineese medical clinic. I am given acupuncture and massage. it is so cool, she feels my paulse and can tell so much from it. 

I am given powered herbs, and i mix with hot water , and drink as tea twice a day. My eyes are so perfect because of the chineese medicine. I dont get sties or crusting. I also lost a bit of weight and have more energy. 

This is what i recomend- cming from someone who has had cronic blepharitis most of my life. 

• Posted

Hi, I began to have this blepheritis two years ago. I tried many things, steroids brought the most relief. I read much about what blepheritis is, and began to was my face, three times a day with a light low oil cleanser. And I then applied an eye lense cleaner called Ocusoft lid scrub foam (Amazon) after washing my face. In a week my eyes were better, been good for month now. When I don’t wash my face, and eyes, and use that product,  I feel it returning. I think it’s to do with the oils around you eyes. This might seem overly simple, but I hope it helps. This is a really frustrating issue. Drove me crazy! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.