My Blood Pressure is higher than it was before I was taking Norvasic! What gives?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my situation. I had a TIA almost  2 years ago. When I went to my Doctor, he put my on Novasic (Amlodipine Besylate). It made me feel like sh** so about a month and a half ago I stopped taking it. I am now experiencing Higher Blood pressure than I was BEFORE I started taking that stuff. What's messed up is I have been exercising more than I was back then so you'd think it'd be lower but it's not. Am I still in the adjustment phase or did this Norvasic mess me up?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi James my sister had a TIA and was put on amlodepine and she felt awful on it. She had dizzy spells too. She is still experiencing hbp and like you has now stopped taking amlodepine . She is an older lady so doesnt exercise vigourously but walks a fair bit and has always been fit and active. Problem is she can't get a Dr to admit that this medication has anything to do with it. I do hope your hbp settles down soon. Shes had no more TIAs nor dizzy spells since stopping the meds. I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.