My bloodwork and leukemia suspicion ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have been having mild leg bone and joint pains in the last 1-2 weeks, and hurried to have a bloodwork done. My results seem within the norm, but I am still worried, because my neurophils are 69,3 and the maximum is 70, which means I am almost above average, so I might maybe have early stage leukemia. I already though I had leukemia once, so I compared my results with the ones done 5 months ago. Here are the results:

https://imgur.com/a/Zo97Z -Before bloodwork https://imgur.com/a/HJs1I - yersterday

As you can see there are some major changes in some values. I am worried this might be the really early stage leukemia. I dont know if the difference can be adressed to the fact that I had yersterdays test done at 2 pm, and I drank about 2 cups of tea in the morning, also had crackers. I also had stomach pain with diarrhea yersterday from cold I have today. I was sick a week ago, but healed very quickly. The test 5 months ago was in the morning after fasting. I also had a very little cold. What do you think ? Should I be really worried ? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jaroslav - you should not be worried AT ALL. You DO NOT have leukemia, please try to be calm. Your blood test results are perfectly normal, all within range (meze). With leukemia, even early stage, the result for blood test is a huge increase in WBC - not to "just over" the limit, but twice, 5 times, 20 times the normal limit.

The slight increase in neutrophils is likely from you being a little sick yesterday and before the sample was taken. Neutrophils are normal white blood cells that fight infection. The white blood cells that increase in leukemia are NOT normal WBCs but unusual young (immature) cell types that do not fight infection. You do not have any of these dangerous young cells at all - they would be on your blood test results and they are not there.

Your joint and bone pains could have many causes and the most likely are simple physical stresses, look up "shin splints" for one possibility.

Please talk to your doctor about your health anxiety - if it is troubling you so much, for so little reason, you are wasting much of your mental energy on a problem which is not real,; excess anxiety is an illness too, and can be treated. Be sure you are taking care of yourself - get plenty of fresh air and exercise (walk a lot! is a good free cure for anxiety), eat well, visit with friends, don't spend all your free time on the computer rolleyes

be well!

• Posted

Thank you so much smile I ill try to do something ith the anxiety. Excercise is my life saver lol :D 
  • Posted

What do you mean you had leukemia once? What type of leukemia was you diagnosed with and how long ago did you have it and when did you go into remission? You need to follow up with your hematologist and make sure everything is good. Blood counts can change on a daily basis. This is something that should be monitored and they may need to do further test other than peripheral CBC, such as Bone Marrow Biopsy. You need to make sure your staying up to date with your doctors for your prior leukemia. 
    • Posted

No, I never had leukemia, I said I already thought I hade it once smile
  • Posted

Why would you think that you were close to having leukemia? You are really worrying about nothing. You really need to take it easy, believe me, there will be a time in life for you to be concern, but now just eat, think positively and get plenty of exercise. Best wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.