My body is fighting against me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

I have been doing really well recently with doing activities that have challenged me in the past and although I have felt a little anxious at times when I have been doing them it hasn't turned into a panic attack, I have been really proud of myself. This past week has been a different matter altogether, I have had 4 panic attacks doing everyday things and now I'm waking feeling anxious. It feels like my body is fighting against me all of a sudden.

Does anyone else get these kind of setbacks?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Big (((hugs))) to you. What I do when this happens is try to focus on just one thing that will help me to overcome the anxiety. My recent, and really successful method is adult colouring books. I invested in some good pens and I got my books from Amazon. Doing that helps to clear my mind and help me get back on track. You'll get there.x
    • Posted

Thank you, I will try that. What do you do if you are out and about and one hits? I know you are meant to try and deep breathe but easier said than done sometimes
    • Posted

I count. I stop and take deep breaths and count from one to ten and back again until it eases off.x
    • Posted

Simple tasks, I will give both a go and see what happens. Thank you x
  • Posted

Yes, my anxiety always tends to ebb and flow. I wish it would go away forever but I've kind of realized that it's always going to be in my life in some form.
    • Posted

I could deal with it better if it didn't fade away then hit me with a vengeance like this. My CBT therapist told me it will always be with me, it's just a question of how I control it without it controlling me however I found a website yesterday of a man who suffered for 10 years until he realised if you don't fight the feelings and instead let it do its thing without getting too worked up you eventually gain control and he has been free of it for some time and helps others now. Not sure if I'm strong enough to let a panic attack take hold and remain calm......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.