my body is not using the food i eat

Posted , 3 users are following.

my body is not making use of the food i eat regardless how much i eat i don't gain weight, i'm skinny in a bad way some advice for something that can help increase food absorption

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

have you have your bloods yet esp b12 x
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply 

I will try to get my blood tested as soon as possible

whats the significance of B12 ?

• Posted

your body might not absorb b12 and it can caues pale skin fatigue and weight loss x
  • Posted

if not already done ask for Full Blood test, Anemia,check for Gluten intoleranc.also what syptoms do you have.Good Luck. Dave
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Dave 

I didn't really get my blood tested yet my symptoms include fatigue I'm also pale i used to take iron pills but i think my body isn't making use of the supplements I also have chronic constipation I eat and eat and I feel all the food piles up and comes out with difficulty and it's puting me in a depression state 

• Posted

you could also try and get cortisol tested i have too do this private, and came back high, it can cause consitpation x
    • Posted

I am in the proces of having a private saliva test for adrenals,i have heard that doctors will not accept the results from them.? Dave
    • Posted

My gp repeated the test at least you can go back with the results up to them too act on them let me know your results did you have this done in the uk?
    • Posted

still waiting for results to come through,i have had them done for my own satisfaction, will get results looked at by my Dr as you say up to him then.i dont want hy jack sarahelle post. thanks for info. yes uk. Dave
  • Posted

I would ask your Dr for a full blood test, to pick up on iron, vitD,B12, etc.not a expert but try looking at the Coeliac forums, dont want to post any names  the forum is very strict on what one posts. Best wishes.and good luck.Dave.
    • Posted

Thank you very much Dave I'll try to get my blood tested and see what comes up 

Thanks alot 

• Posted

Everyone has given you good advice about the kind of tests to request. In the meantime please supplement your meals with Boost. When I was younger I had a really difficult time maintaining my weight; it helped and it's nutritional.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.