My body temperature clock has gone haywire

Posted , 8 users are following.

had fibro for a few years now but just wondering if anyone else has bother with sweating,I am sick to death of it , when it's cold I sweat profusely & I mean it's so bad that sweat drips of the end of my hair, when all others are cold I'm hot & sweaty , I can't find a winter coat that I don't end up soaking in sweat with & I can have my hair done and within an hour it drops because of sweating ,this is really terrible and embarassing now ,does anyone else have this & is there anything to help, thankyou

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I sweat and have flushing. Just went to my doctor he thinks it's one of my meds. 
  • Posted

Hi there, body temp control or lack of it is a symptom of fibro, but usually its feeling too hot or too cold. I do have sweating episodes but nothing like as bad as you describe, however I do have a non-fibro friend who has exactly what you describe. So bad that she brings a change of clothes to work with her and like you say she has sweat suddenly dripping off the end of her hair for no reason. She is being treated by her doctor for this condition so whatever it is its known and treatable. Good luck xx
  • Posted

Oh I have this! Doctors say its hormonal. Its so embarrassing!  I can't wear a coat at all.. I find a good chunky cardigans good. . I wear the same one about the house I so out in the frost. The only time I get cold is sat in the house. Any kind of movement and I sweat and get hot flushes and everyone arounds fine! Also curl my hair or wear it messy styles cos thats how it'll end up! In summer head scarfs or fabric hairbands. Shoes make a difference too. . Don't wear fleece lined boits etc.. thin socks. You can buy special wipes in the makeup departments that take the shine (sweat) away but leave your make up fresh for nights out ect. Hope I've helped 

Dee x

• Posted

i am 54 and proberly menapausble i say proberly because i dont have the equipment to be able to tell that way .

iv suffer with the heat not as bad as  its more internal i feel very hot but my arms and legs are cold , its been worse last yr and this winter than before  so i think its proberly partly due to my age , although having fibro does mean your body thermonter goes crazy it is a symptom  , 

once i get hot i find it really hard to cool down , so if i go in to a restrant for a meal and its hot i just get hotter and hotter then i sweat esp if i am eating hot food as well its december and i am still taking ice packs to bed with me if i put them between my thighs which is where i get very hot it will melt in about an hour .from frozen .

MAYBE we should hire ourselves out next christmas to thaw out peoples turkeys . no its not funny but its just another symptom , am afraid ,

i brought a waistcoat that men wear with ice packs in. in hot countries when they do manual work so i will be wearing that this summer to keep cool when i have to go out .wont look pretty but neither do i sprawled all over the payment .hahahaneutral

last summer nearly killed me. 

i am doing a self help programme so hoping that wlll improve my lot.

• Posted

Hi geordiegirl54. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia 8 years ago. One minute i am shivering with cold  the next i am experiencing  a sort of flushing and sweating. To date I have tried many things even HRT but didn't help. Hopefully someone on here will have the answer. 

Take care

• Posted

Thanks everyone for ur help , I only take pain killers for fibro,  but I take methotrexate for arthritis , & I'm trying some vitamins to see if they help . After all this time I can just about tolerate the pain , it's the sweating and not being able to sleep that gets me , I've also put on a lot of weight , but it does help having people who understand around to communicate with , so thanks again
  • Posted

I get bad temperature too at times but no where near being that bad....maybe get the doc to check all your meds and do a blood test for a  toxic build up...not wanting to scare you but I know someone that had that and the profuse sweating and found sweating was the first sign..she waited too long and as a result...in a wheelchair plus...,  your body might be trying to tell you something???who knows with Fibro...sooo many symptoms..,be blessed.Geordiegirl.:-) xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.