My boyfriend has very deep depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm with my  boyfriend for two years. whenver he feel down and numb he always wanted to talk to me and tell me that he can t live without me but now he disappeared for a week I missed him so much. I tried to contact him many times he read my messages and dont want reply or id  reply few words and very cold he said its very hard to describe what he is feeling and he doesnt have hope to live. he is taking antidepressant pill and he sees a therapist I think they put him on new medication. Im waiting for two more weeks. I wonder did he decide to just leave or he doesnt love me anymore? im so confuse what to do? how long i should wait and how long this medication may work

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know my medication takes 4-6 weeks to work he knows you care for him very much but dealing with depression is extremely hard and sometimes we need some alone time just to escape from it all he may have decided to just take some time for himself it is important to do so when going through it I try and take as much time as I can but easier said than done sometimes with him not answering his phone well he could just be feeling that low he just may not want to talk I would just give him time then maybe contact him through a friend or family member if he is reading your mesaages then keep sending them dont out long winded texts just keep it simple (ie I miss you, hope your ok) 
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, It may be he is suffering clinical depression and he needs time to himself. Depression makes you want to cut off from people it's a way of coping. Give him time and space. Don't bombard him with texts asking where he is and putting pressure on him. Send short texts saying things like, how are you, i care and i am here if you need me. leave it at that. I know it' hard when you are concerned and care about him to not get response. Enquire through his family or friends.Hopefully he is getting treatment.  
    • Posted

Hi Jessica, It must feel like a breavement to you. you must keep well and strong yourself otherwise you will become ill. Keep busy. Keep talking on here we can listen and be here for you to encourage you to stay strong. Sending you a big hug Elizabeth
    • Posted

thank you so much for your support i have great friends in my life they are supporting and great family as well smile
  • Posted

Hi Jessica, 

sorry to hear about your boyfriend , it's a way of healing , needs space, it's the same for me , my daughter wants me to work, but I'm suffering with depression too and you can't make yourself do things you don't want to do. All I want to do is hide , I don't ant to do anything , in time he will come round. Don't worry I know it's upsetting for you not knowing what he is thinking but we have to give time. I know I should work as we need the money but I can't work I have for a few weeks and felt extremely miserable I can't cope with situations and people at the moment. I am seeing a doctor today asking for more time off work, I wish I knew why I am acting this way but with patience and help I will get there . You will too. Take one day at a time .

• Posted

I pray for you you get well and im sure you will he was in deep depression last year and he disapeared for months i thought I lost him then he came back stronger and show me so much love

i hope you take medicine and get better smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.