My BPH has gotten worse. However retention and flow rates change throughout the day.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Throughout the day and night my BPH symptoms of Retention  and flow rate change. Sometimes my bladder seems very full and it takes a long time to urinate with a lot of retention. Then a couple of hours later the flow improves about 50%. Why would there be so much fluctuation. Is that normal in BPH symptoms or is it normal as the condition gets worse?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

On what meds?  Or supplements?  

Did you see the list of 8-10 causes of BPH?

• Posted

Hi Bob, thanks. I'm not taking any meds. Only Saw palmetto. I'm trying unfiltered apple cider vinegar as well. I didn't see the 8 to 10 causes of BPH yet.

• Posted

All of my urinary blockages were between around 11:30pm and 7am.  Even though I have Nocturnia; in which my kidneys produce between 700 and 2000 mL of urine in that time frame, measured with the now-gone overnight collection bag.
  • Posted

I had a prostate MRI that came back with comments of possible BPH from a slightly increased prostate size at just 31. I thought this comes on at 40 and beyond, but I have read it could start as early as 31. I have urination issues for different reasons from what originally started out as prostatitis. Now I am going to check out the bladder neck and sphincters. I think that bladder neck problems are related to both prostatitis and BPH as well so maybe check that out. Have you tried medications to decrease the size of the prostate. Maybe with the reterntion your prostate is swelling and causing you to have these mixed symptoms. I wish I knew more about BPH, though that doesn't seem to be my main problem. I will let you know what happens with my testing and if my urine flow improves after surgery to repair that area. 

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the support. I'm systematically going through all holistic remedies to see if there is a difference. I don't want to take any prescription medications or surgery. There are things that make the prostate swell seems like Salt, Trans fats, and alcohol. I don't know enough about it though if you have any other tips or ideas that would be great.

• Posted

If I was you I would get a supplement that has many different ingredients in it. I took so many different supplements that it got very expensive. I know that saw palmetto is the most researched and effective one. Just keep an eye on the size of your prostate periodically. You don't want it to get to the point where you go into complete retention and need a catheter. That's where all my problems started and it was completely uneccesary. I also know that the type of bph procedure you have done depends on the size of your prostate so the bigger it gets the riskier the procedures do too. If you can keep it under control then stay natural as long as you can. If you notice that you're having a lot of trouble urinating maybe try some diuretics. I'm sure there are natural ones. Of course if you're going the natural rote then you probably already know how certain foods and drinks irritate your whole urinary tract.

• Posted

I bought Ron Bazar's book which has the info.  However, Dr. Mercola has imo even better info for free.  Or, lookup Home Schooling Doctor's site .. tip: Iodine!  Iondine may one big reason why I'm free of the indwelling today!

• Posted

Did you read the post by a member who said that uro's don't have good diagnostics/solutions for infections, which would be fungal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.