My brain going into dream condition if attempt to sleep,please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

My brain going into dream condition but not into sleep condition every night or day when ever I attempt to sleep I have believed the information about remote neural monitoring in all over internet and browsed internet 2 years heavily which resulted heavy thought process ,doubts and suspicion over near and dear.So I went to a psychiatrist and requested to bring me out of heavy thoughts.He made me use lorazepam for 10 days ,risperidone and trihexyphenidyl combination drug for 30 days.After 30 days my thoughts reduced so I did not go to doctor again.What a mistake ,I was ignorant of how psychiatry medicines work and slow tapering nor my doctor warned me while prescribing an anti psychotic.It is happened in july 2016.From then my brain going into dreams when ever I attempt to sleep.In october 2016 again I went to the same doctor and reported about the condition I am in.He prescribed olanzapine  silently.I started using olanzapine ignorantly and innocently.When i was experiencing stomach upset that is when I researched in the internet about risperidone and olanzapine.Now this is june 2017 I have tapered risperidone and olanzapine safely and became drug free safely.But the thing is my brain still into dream condition and not allowing me to sleep when ever i attempt.My querry is what risperidone and trihexyphenidyl and lorazapam [10 days]did to my  brain?what chemicals they blocked.Now stopping them cold turkey did what on my brain?what chemical i should take to get my sleep pattern back.?If I wait patiently with time will the brain correct its condition naturally?Any brain researcher please help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Peace of mind helps me to sleep better, but that is difficult when you,re mind is racing with thoughts.  I have taken a sleeping tablet zopiclone on occasions but felt terrible when I wake.  Sorry I can,t help you with the drugs you take, just wanted to make you feel you are not alone.  I have taken many different drugs in my lifetime for depression, anxiety,palpitations etc, it's not good being this way but it's a cross we have to bear.  Good luck.

• Posted

Apu, it's the cocktail of meds you've been on that have messed up your sleep pattern, as well as the stopping and starting. Your sleep will return to normal eventually if you just stay off all meds, or alternatively go back on a steady maintenance dose, but it will take quite a long time. I can't tell you how long, because people vary widely.

However, I'm a bit concerned as to how you're going to cope without some kind of antipsychotic medications if you're prone to paranoid thoughts. I think you need to go back to the psychiatrist - or preferably another one, as the first one didn't give you the correct follow-up - and start again. This time, however, you need to start on the lowest possible dose of risperidone or olanzapine and build up very gradually if necessary. You also need to stay on the medication long-term.

I've never taken either of these drugs, but have seen the effects of both risperidone and olanzapine on a very dear friend. From what I experienced with her, and from reading up on the olanzapine forum on this site, I think that if I ever had to take antipsychotics I'd go for risperidone out of the two. However, there are people who do well on olanzapine.

The other alternative, of course, would be to address your "heavy thought processes" without help of medication. Some people succeed in doing this, particularly if they have access to support groups. A worldwide organisation called "Hearing Voices" is one such group. I don't think you actually have to be hearing voices to be helped by this group, but just to be able to acknowledge that not all your thoughts are based on objective reality. You clearly have this ability.

You might also want to investigate cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) which can be very useful for people like yourself who are able to analyse their own problems.

I hope you soon find the help you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.