My brain started doing weird neurogical things..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi 6 weeks ago I suffered a hypoxic brain injury where I was without oxygen for less than a minute. I was not unconscious, however very close.  I was fine after the incident  except for a ringing in my ears. I went to the ER about two weeks later because the ringing was becoming worrysome to me. They gave me compasene to treat me for a migraine they said sometimes migraines can cause ringing. But also referred me to an ENT.  27 hours after I was given the compasene I had a cranial dystonic reaction. I was unable to talk and my head was stuck looking at the ceiling. I rushed back to ER where they administered 50mg Benadryl to stop the reaction. Within 10 minutes I was back to normal. 6 days after that (would have been exactly 3 weeks after the hypoxic incident) my mind started doing things I couldn’t control. For example songs would replay in my head over and over, it started counting out my steps when i would walk, counting each bite I would chew my food, and saying “in” “out” with each breath I would inhale and exhale. This came on overnight out of nowhere. Also, the same night it came on I was unable to sleep. And have hardly slept since then (even the strongest sedatives never put my mind to rest) I am in a light sleep all night long. Ive gone back to ER multiple times and they said this was just anxiety and prescribed me anxiety medicine and sleeping pills. I’ve seen my regular doctor multiple times as well and she says what I’m experiencing should not be from the hypoxic incident or from the dystonic reaction, my concern is that I have brain damage but she said I would have had damage at the time of incident not 3 weeks later.  Also I have had 2 MRIs and an EEG and both came back normal. However, I have been on the anxiety medicine now for 2 weeks and nothing has changed. In fact things are changing in my brain.  Instead of saying “in” “out” when I breath there is a rhythm playing with each breath I take, it is humming “hum hum” EVERY time I breath it never goes away except when I am talking. I have an appointment with neurology this coming week, however, Neurology has already checked me over when I was in ER so I am not very hopeful they will have the answers...  I have not been able to figure out a real diagnosis for my issue and neither have the professional doctors. If anyone has heard of symptoms like mine and can shed some light on this condition it would be so much appreciated.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow but I don’t be leave symptoms don’t occur later . I’ve heard many stories that not just ur incident but many others . Think you have a concussion I’m not a dr but they should of kept u in and you should of not waited two week to go in Hun should of gone in right away . Any trauma to the head weather you feel ok later that half hour should of gone to the hospital . Why they sending u to nerology ? Should send you to a doctor for head injuries. If there are issues keeping going till u get answers stay with the nerology still know matter what. Also hospitals seem to love giving axiety pills , depression pills they did that to me for 10 days going in and I didn’t take them had gbs didn’t diagnose me cause these doctors are not doing there jobs . Till I was paralyzed. So tell your doctor to send u to a dr that deals with head injuries let us know how you are Hun.
  • Posted

Its not anxiety for me ...i hated when the songs would replay in my mind ...have you been tested for lyme or were you taking any antibiotics around the time you started having primary symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.