Posted , 5 users are following.
My bronchiectas was caused by "so I am told" measels when I was 3yrs old (1948). I have been a life long bronchitis sufferer a cougher,sniffer,suffered black outs,collapsed lungs,coughed blood and alaways fatigued. All of which worsens during the regular colds and almost dying during belts of flu. Coughing worsens when I go into a cold bedroom and when I lie down to sleep, more so on the opposite side to the more infected lung because it has more muck to drain. Coughing fits produce 60 - 100ml green stuff on bad days 30 - 40 is average. keeping me awake most nights.
This has been life over 58 years so far. I currently have the condition in most of the right and half the left lung and have been advised to have several lobes removed. You can imagine I have tried all of the antibiotics,salt pipes and physio including hanging upside down and clopping my back like a bottle of sauce.
I have found the following works for me:
1. warm dry sunny weather.
2. walks in the woods and by the sea stopping here and there to rest and use the flutter ball pipe.
3. keep bedroom warm but crack the window for a bit of fresh air.
4. lie flat for about 30mins on both sides before going to bed, this helps to reduce the amount of muck left that causes the night coughing.
5. I use a nebuliser twice a day.
6. I keep a flowmeter chart showing my readings when I get up and at the end of each day.
7. use a sputum collection tube to collect all sputum coughed up day and night, enter the amount collected on to the flowmeter chart and enter your activity for that day. This is valuable information when talking to a specialist and has helped me to provide this information to you and I Hope you find it usefull.
Has anyone experienced a hotter dryer climate and or had an operation to remove of a couple of lobes? I would appreciate any comments.:?
[i:4a5c10170f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4a5c10170f]
0 likes, 8 replies