My brother does not feel urge to pee

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, my brother is 32 yrs old. 2 weeks back he complained of not able to pass stools and urine and also immense pain in the area. We took to the doctor and he was diagnosed with Anal fissures. With some medications he is able to pass stools but not urine. He was on catheter till yesterday. Now with all the precautions for fissures he can pass stools without pain and he is still not able to pass out urine. Want to know if this is normal for the patients with fissures? If yes, how long does it take to come to normal.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When my fissure was at its worse and ended up in ED I was incontinent of urine and couldn’t feel from my waste down 

Never heard of ppl with fissures get urine retention - I would seek drs advice , not good to hold in urine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.