My brother is diagnosis as chronic pancreatitis before 5 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recent Report Findings:

Head, uncinate process, neck and body of pancreas are bulky with reduced parenchymal enhancement is contrast study. Peripancreatic fat stranding noted suggestive of inflammantory changes. Main pancreatic duct is dilated measuring approx. 9.0mm at neck level. Multiple calculi noted in main pancreatic duct at head region causing obstruction, largest calculi measuring approx, 11.4mm. Multiple calculi are noted in both ventral and dorsal pancreatic ducts at pancreatic head. Few calculi are noted at tail region of pancreatic duct,laggest measuring 8.8mm. Calculi are noted on branch pancreatic duct.

Branch pancreatic duct are also dilated. Calcification are noted in pancreatic parenchyma. Main portal vein, distal CBD and proximal duodenum are brodly abutted and compressed by enlarge head of pancreas. Multiple peripheral wall enhancing cystic lesion noted in head, neck and body of pancreas, largest measuring approx 30mm X 18.7 mm and some of cysts are communicating with main pancreatic duct. Small fluid pocket noted in pancreatico-duodenal groove. Left Gerotas fascia is thickend. Multiple enlarged peripancreatic and few superior mesenteric lymph nodes noted largest measuring approx. 17.5 mm. No evidence of enlarged para-aortic and aorto-caval lymph nodes.

The doctor has suggested for opreations. We are very worried. Please do you have any suggestion...???

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Chelated magnesium has helped some with calcification of the pancreas.

Sometimes a bad diet is the culprit of alot of illneses, I suggest your brother get a colon cleanse and a hight antioxidant diet to help with his chronic pancreatitis.

Research has shown chelated magnesium and high antioxidant diet shown promising results for pancreatic issues.

He needs to change to a clean diet.

Hope this helps and god bless your bro.

• Posted

Thank you very much henry01196 for reply. I will certainly change to a clean diet.Doctor has suggested not to take fatty foods, meats, solid foods. We tried our best to follow his diet and medicine he gave us. (OPIDOL, ECOSPRIN-75, ESOFLUX-40). The report I have post is recent. Within 6 months we have done MRI, CT SCAN multiple time. The previous report shows less cystic lesion and calculi around head region and there are no cystic lesion in body and tail. Largest calculi measuring was around approx. 8-9mm.  Analyzing this report and frequent severe pain, doctor suggested to have operation. Is this a last option for such patient, any suggestions???
  • Posted

Did your brother understand his doctor's explanation of the findings?  If not suggest he make another appointment and ask the doctor to explain simply what's going on.  Perhaps he could take someone along with him to the appointment who will remember what occurs.  I assume the doctor is a gastroentoroligist.  Perhaps your brother might feel more comfortable seeing his usual doctor for a clearer explanation.  Fear of the unknown is the worst.  I hope it all works out for him.
    • Posted

Thank you very much Reefsider, I really appreciate your suggestion.

Actually, we are from Nepal and we have consulted best doctor we have here. According to doctor, this case comes rarely. Once we found out it was pancreatitis, we follow that particular doctor and follow his instructions. He gave us OPIDOL, ECOSPRIN-75, ESOFLUX-40 these kind of medicine. Pancreatitis was discovered just before about six months. And within that six months, we have to visit hospital often due to severe pain. He was admitted in emergency every time and they give some IVs and medicine and we had stay in hospital for couple of days and discharged. This process has repeated multiple times in this 6 months period.The report I have post is recent. Within 6 months we have done MRI, CT SCAN multiple time. The previous report shows less cystic lesion and calculi around head region and there are no cystic lesion in body and tail. The doctor also told us there is no any medication and once pancreas is destroyed is never recovered and he also suggested for operation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.