My brother needs help.

Posted , 7 users are following.

5 years ago, my brothers personality has drasticlly changed.He is always talking to himself,asking me to say some really stupid things in front of him or he wont leave the room,always wearing the same clothes over and over and more.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Did something major in his life happen?
  • Posted

What sort of things does he say? and make you say?
  • Posted

I'm going to tell exactly what my brother does so someone can tell me what his ''sickness'' is called.

Well, my brother has always been good with everyone,always had friends,going outside ,a normal teenager.(btw im 15 now ,so this started when i was 11)But then , he changed , a lot.  Now his daily routine is: Never wakes up before 10 ,unless he really has to or if our parents make him. When he wakes up , he goes into the bathroom,brushes his teeth,washes his face,but then ,he starts saying something to himself,then he washes his face again ,repeats those two things, start talking to himself again for about 5-7 minutes,finally gets out of the bathroom,(btw the when he enters the bathroom lights have to be on , doesnt matter if its day or night, i tried turning them off, he of course notices,starts yelling so loud,the whole flat can hear him.),then he wonders around the house for a little while , goes to the betting place,even when he doesnt have money to bet , he "has" to go there,hangs around at the betting place,then he comes home , to go to the bathroom to talk to himself,finishes with it , then he stays in the house for a while ,goes again in the bathroom to do the same thing,gets out,goes outside till 17:00, 18:00.Then he comes home.

Now here are some other things he does:

If i say 2011,2012 ,or anything related to those years , for an example, : Have you heard the song from Dr.Dre? then he asks me when was it made, i say 2010, he says stop lying , Pulls out his phone starts checking the year it was made in,a lot of red spots starts to show up on his face ,chest ,he goes in the bathroom and starts talking to himself,I kinda heard what he said,altho Im a Serb so the translation isnt gonna be very good: I pull back what i just heard ,repeats that about 10 times, then he says something like help me or something I can't get near him because he gets very upset and has to do all those ''things'' over.

He doesn't let me or anyone touch his hair ,face ,or especially his nose. I don't know why ,at first it seemed kinda funny, then i started getting very suspicious about it.And when i touched it , face turning red thing starts ,then he runs to the bathroom.

He always wears the same tracksuit, has to wear white socks.

And when i say something related from 2011, he does all those things, comes out of the bathroom,starts telling me to say:'' I pull back what i've just said'' or he won't leave the room.And when i don't say it after a while he starts to beg me to do it and starts to get a little paranoid. 

Btw, he is now 20. I know this isn't written very well, I have to know what's wrong with him, my parents won't believe me,and im really worried sick about him. 

I appriceate all the help.

• Posted

That sounds like an OCD disorder, there's millions of types, but repeating certain things over and over and begging you to say a certain thing is OCD, they can't help it. It's basically like a really bad habit. Have you ever heard of stepping on three grids and you'll have bad luck? Or never stepping on cracks in the pavement? It's a little easier to understand in that sense, some people take it really serious. Some people have it with doors, or taps. Can be literally anything, but I'd give it a quick research and see if the symptoms are the same as what your brother does?
    • Posted

Thank you, this is excatly what I was looking for. I'll probably have a conversation with my parents first about this before going anywhere else.

thank you so much

• Posted

This can be tough. If you need any support, post on this forum or feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Agreed. Obssesive compulsive disorder. Your brother needs some outside professional help and guidance. He is probably miserable
    • Posted

Those symptoms sound like OCD. Your brother may want to seek counseling.  OCD can really interfere with peoples lives, and if they try to work it can be problematic. 
  • Posted

Yes I agree definatey OCD.Definatey speak to your parents. How is it your Karen's are not aware of this fot then drives is he hiding it from them. I think sooner they are aware and can help him the better to much for your shoulders and your a good brother to him coming on a forum to try understand what's happening. I hope he gets help soon ! X
  • Posted

Hi, Icecube:  I also think he has OCD, but it is mixed with some depression.  The good doctors have special meds for OCD now, so please have your parents get him to a doctor ASAP...Good luck...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.