My cheek twitches when I blink

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. My left cheek twitches everytime I blink. In fact it twitches when my left eye blinks. It is not an involuntary twitch in the sense that it is directly linked to the blinking of my left eye. Involuntary Isometimes even experience a tremmor in my left arm and hand. I also sometimes feel a slight tremmor in the base of my neck and head. In my sleep I sometimes wake myself when my left leg has a spasm. What is wrong with me?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Shoneen, sorry to hear that you have all of this going on.  From my knowledge and personal experience of Hemifacial Spasm I would say that your condition does not fit with the normal symptoms of HFS.  There are a number of movements disorders that mimic HFS and I think perhaps you need to be looking more in their direction.  The term 'movement disorder' is a good term to remember and The Dystonia Society is a good place to seek information if you are in the UK.  I am not an expert in these things but have come across people with Tic Disorders, Facial Myokymia and Myclonic Movements which may be more like what you describe.  I'm assuming that your doctor has also ruled out things like Parkinson's Disease?  Please don't let all of these words send you into panic - it may be something transient that will sort itself out, but it's always best to get an MRI scan and have all the tests done so that you know what you're dealing with.  Wishing you better days ahead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.