My coloring...want to see if paste worked

Posted , 7 users are following.

Coloring a little at a time has been a very big stress reliever.

This picture took about a week to complete.

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

my girls pass their time colouring!!! Very relaxing!! good idea. Robin
    • Posted

I really never thought I could have the patience....or focus to do this...until I was in group therapy...and the session that day for 1 hour (3 hour group) was to color.....SO...I had NO choice...and I found that it was something I COULD DO.

It also gave me an idea of something to do with my Niece....and she LOVES spending that kind of time with me.

• Posted

Love it, Misssy! Great color combos! 

You might want to check out Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert when you get the opportunity. I'm going through it bit by bit, I really like it so far.

• Posted

I need better pencils..these are cheap ones...smile

Thank you ADE.

• Posted

That's brilliant Misssy, thank you for sharing with us. 

I like the colouring books too (sorry..English spelling!) but I don't get enough time to do it.  It really is so relaxing, isn't it?  I like to do embroidery too, again I don't get time to do it.  When I retire (if ever) I will colour, embroider and read all the books I have collected on my Kindle.  I hope that I will be knitting little clothes for the grandchildren I hope to have too!!! 

I think you are amazingly strong and brave, Misssy.  Keep up the good work.

Pat.

• Posted

It is relaxing...but more distracting for me....I find myself pulling out the stuff to color when I am very tense...or feeling like taking off or screaming....it refocuses my attention...and at the end of a session I DO feel more calm.

Thank you patricia. smile

• Posted

That looks just like one of my cats.

Did he fly the Atlantic in order to model for you?

I have to say I wouldn't have the skill or patience to do this, so well done, Misssy.

Just finishing some malt loaf then going to bed. Love Tess

• Posted

I never thought I could SIT still long enough to do this...but it is a tool I have now for when I want to EXPLODE.

smile

Malt Loaves...are NOW off your menu....think of SOMETHING ELSE to EAT!

• Posted

Um..........husband has just gone out to buy me one, but don't tell everybody.
    • Posted

This needs to stop TESS....you need to eat a normal MEAL.

TODAY!

• Posted

If that's what you body needs the go for it!!!
  • Posted

that's beautiful Missy and so calming for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.