My condition has worsened and told PIP of my change, will I need another face to face?

Posted , 9 users are following.

My condition has worsened and I informed pip ( I currently receive standard mobility and care) my gp has written a letter explaining my needs and even stated I need a carer, will I need another assessment and how long does it normally take to be processed?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You might need to be assessed .But as you have a dictors report they m8ght do the reveiw from this.have you got any consultant reports detailing your deterorating medical condition if so take copys and send them in as well.
  • Posted

Notwithdtanding what your GP has said about your needs, the deterioration and the possibility of needing a carer, unless his statement/letter actually refers to what ever descriptor you are now claiming fits you, a face to face is a distinct possibility.

I am disabled in many ways both mental and physical. Yet none of that matters it's proving that the difficulties I have fit the descriptors and that I achieve enough points from those descriptors. On the face of it and despite having DLA (HRM & MRC) I could only see when looking at the PIP descriptors that I would have got 4 points for Care and nothing for Mobility. This was inspite of the fact that I had been on DLA at those rates for over 20 years and had regular re-assessments.

Each review of PIP is treated as a new claim.

• Posted

I reported a change in condition and i had to have another assesment even though i had a gp report and an esa report
  • Posted

As stated Marie as you have reported a change of circumstances your whole claim is now looked at again which will almost certainly involve another f2f assessment.

To be upgraded from standard to enhanced care/mobility you need to score 12 points on both. As Les explained points are scored by fitting a number of descriptors and your new evidence hopefully covers this.

• Posted

Hi my partner had a below the knee amputation on may 9th this yr and I informed pip on may 19th wen he came home from hospital that his health was obviously worse now ( he was already on standard rate for mobility coz of several peripheral arterial disease). It took till July 29th for them to send out the forms to be reassessed after numerous phone calls to ask where were the forms to be told the lady hadn't even requested a reassessment . Also Was told by 2 pple over the phone when I called pip helpline that my partners hospital proof and doc letters shoud be enough to not need a face to face assessment. After sending the forms bk with a supporting letter from the doctor, a week ago he got a letter saying they wanted him to go to Watford (we live in luton) for an assessment. I called them and said are you taking the mick, he's lost a leg and had to give up his car back in may so how can he get there. After complaining, Suddenly there was an appointment in Luton. So he has to go on the 20th September. I'm annoyed with the fact that he has had a bad recuperation so has suffered and coz it's taken this long for them to send the forms for us to fill out it feels like they have waited for his stump to heal up more than it was a few months back, just so they can say he can walk and stuff when he can't properly on his fake leg. Also I am worried he won't get bk dated to the day he had his amputation

Sorry for the essay lol

• Posted

1st get a letter from your doc stating you request a hime visit.second when you call pip put a formal complaint in .i think as you have teceive a appointment for assesment c9ntact them to advise of a doctors letter for a home assesment.and you will send thus in request the fax number if they have one also the name of advisors you speak to and what time.
    • Posted

Hi Laura

As advised you should approach your partner's GP and ask for a supporting letter for a home visit. The general rule is if the GP has to visit them at home then so should the assessor.

If I were you I would book a home visit from their GP and make the request for the supporting letter when they call.

As for their PIP claim I would be very careful if I were you. Believe it or not your partner may be in a WORSE position since the operation due to the way PIP assess claimants.

When he had peripheral arterial disease he would have been assessed as being unable to walk more than 50m to get standard mobility.

However, with a prosthetic limb, crutches and one biological leg he could be deemed as being able to walk more than the qualifying distance due to the use of aids and their PIP benefit could be stopped altogether!

Obviously I don’t know the full details but to have a chance it would depend on the condition of the other biological leg. If that leg is also affected by peripheral arterial disease then they could keep the standard mobility. Getting an upgrade to Enhanced would be difficult.

• Posted

I had PAD in my right leg - rang 111 and they told me to get to A&E (time was 3.15am!!)

Anyhow I got there with my pink left leg and white/cold right one in agony. The nurse asked why the bl**dy h*ll have I turned up with cramp?

So they tested for a pulse and found none in the right leg/foot.

Short story had clots removed from groin, behind knee and ankle.

Now the left one is giving me grief and has done for 6 months. 

All of this was explained to the DWP assessor a few weeks back and they dismissed it! The same went with the right leg - told the DWP assessor at the time of having a DLA face to face but in the end it wasn't taken seriously.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.