My Condition is the best it has ever been

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was sent to see a Consultant for a cataract 3 months ago and he said he wanted to sort out my Belpharitis first as it was very bad and I had ingrowing eyelashes!  I thought it was the cataract that was causing all the pain!  He recommended I bathe my eyes night and morning in baby shampoo and then apply Vita - Pos eye ointment at night and Systane Gel drops (as many as I want) during the day.  Oh the relief, this man is my hero, and he is now going to do my left cataract!  Hee! Hee! wish he would do a tummy tuck as well!

Warmest Wishes

Jacqui 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Isn't it the best feeling in the world when something works!! Happy for you!
    • Posted

Hi Janmin 

Thank you.  You are right it is so amazing when something has been troubling you badly and along comes someone to put it right.   Have you been suffering?

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Jacqui,

Can I ask how did you apply the baby shampoo? A few drops on a warm flannel and a gentle rub over eyelids? Or on a cotten but to the eyelid margin? Or something completely different!

Cheers,

Mark

• Posted

Hi Mark

My surgeon told me to put a few drops of baby tearless shampoo in a small cup or glass, fill half way with warm water. My Surgeon suffers with the same problem so he is very understanding of all the problems!   Use your middle finger to gently rub the liquid round the eyes and lashes.  Do it twice on both eyes.  You can either rinse off with warm water or use a very gentle eye makeup remover (I know this may be one stage too far) but these removers are excellent for getting your eye lids really clean but you must get sensitive or gentle, they are sold in most supermarkets or chemists.   Hope this helps.

Warmest Wishes

Jacqui smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.