my coping strategies have been stripped away and i cant deal with life

Posted , 6 users are following.

i think we are all in this boat together and it is very selfish of me to ask for help,i live alone, all my daily contact with people have been stripped from me, desperately isolation but pretending i am not,my reason to exist work has come to a grinding halt andthe eating disorder is screaming loudly,

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi Alex

You are not alone. We are all here. Let us know how you are. Just talk to us. Are you in the UK? Let anyone know that you are isolated. Let others help you with food and other necessities. Be brave. Just talk here k? You will be ok. This is temporary.

• Edited

Hi Alex,

it is not an easy situation...... but we are all in it together. Better days are coming.... and i strongly believe that when this is over, life will be much more exiting and will have more meaning.

Hang in there...

• Edited

Hi Alex92628

It is a very difficult time for everyone and you are not the only one feeling this way! My depression and ED only got worse with the isolation and decline in my coping strategies. I also live alone and its quite isolating. If you would like to chat we can message each other and support each other through these times? I live in Canada and I can be great at supporting the late night conversations!

Stay strong & take care of your body. This too shall pass!

Sasha

• Edited

you are not alone. I live with my husband but have not seen my sons or 2 grand children since this started,we are social distancing,so I feel very alone,not knowing when I will see them again. I now appreciate even more this site and the internet,feel free to message me if you want. Hopefully there will be a good treatment and vaccine soon.

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are having these difficulties. If you can make your day into a routine each day it helps with the eating disorder. Try to fill your daily schedule with things you like to do rather than just obligations like chores. My fun starts at around 5 or 6 when I crash for the night and watch netflix.

If there's somewhere you can sit outside alone and breathe the fresh air it's very good for you just so you dont have contact with other people.

Remember that feeling when you used to get to stay home from school? Did you enjoy that feeling? If so try to recreate that.

It's never selfish to ask for help or do anything else to take care of ourselves. In fact it's the moral thing to do. Do your best to make yourself happy. For me I love to do emails with my canadian penpal and I love to sketch and do sodoku and read.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.