My Copper Coil (IUD) experience. Has anyone else experienced this please?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had an IUD copper coil inserted 5 years ago.

Insertion was very painful to the point where it had to stop. I rebooked and this time was sedated for insertion. once awake i felt fine, had slight cramps and bleeding for a few days.

Over the last 5 years my periods were slightly heavier and a little more painful but that was to be expected. I also became very irritable during my period which i didn't experience before.

Today i went to get my coil removed. I am

now 30 and ready to start a family. After experience such pain with the first attempt of coil insertion i was feeling very nervous but Dr assured me it would be much less painful and very quick. HOW WRONG SHE WAS!

I am still very much in shock from todays experience. It was so very painful to the point that i almost passed out, was very dizzy and nauseous. It turns out my coil has become embedded and tissue has grown around it. When my doctor was using the forceps to pull on the strings it was so painful and i began to bleed. I am still bleeding and cramping now (7 hours later!) I am being referred to gyneacology for safe removal but am very concerned what damage this has caused. My doctor reassured me that all will be fine but i was upset and in pain so im worried she was just trying to make me feel better as she could see i was in a panic.

If anyone has had a similar experience could you please let me know the outcome.

Thank you for reading

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.