My Cure for Mollescum Contagiosum

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have a 7 years old daughter who had been suffering with Mollescum Contagiosum for 18 months. Over that time I have searched the net trying to find a cure but to no avail. (I did try the Apple Cider Vinegar) HOWEVER, I contracted the virus on my toe and thought I would try and use Fucidin H cream (an anti fungal cream my son had been prescribed previously for a sore toe) and it cleared the Mollescum C up in a week. I wanted to try this on my daughter as she had many spots on her arm and chest area. I first went to my GP to ask to be referred to a dermatologist but was told that she could only be referred after having the condition for three years! I then told him about the success I had about using the Fucidin H and was it safe to try on my daughter. He said it was perfectly safe but had not heard that is had been used in treating Mollescum Contagiosum. I then went on to apply the cream to my daughter twice a day and after 3 weeks all the spots completely went and nothing has reappeared over the last month! It has made her life so much better and I hope this treatment gives relief to other sufferers of this condition.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have an 8 year old autistic son and when he was 5 he had it for almost 16 months! Finally on a whim I tried something and it cleared it up imediately. While he was sleeping I took a pair of tweezers and gloves and I pulled each one out at the base. When you pull then out you see a tiny root and you are surprised at the size of the hole left behind its much smaller than the actual bulb that was on top. I focused on one area a night. First his arms and ribs. Next his legs, knees, and ankles, last any strays. It doesn't leave scars, you wipe the tweezers in between each pluck on a alcohol rag. By almost a day and a half later you can't even find the little holes left from the roots. 

Because they have roots they can be a little painful to pull. This is why I did it when my son was fast asleep. Spacing it out. No new ones popped up and my son never had them again. My son also has eczama so I never tried any cream or lotion or topical remedies because they just would have made his eczema worse. For us the tweezer method while it took patience, fixed it by weeks end. 

• Posted

Dear Liz112,

My 9yo daughter has MC on her torso and it's a bummer as you know... where did you find this Fucidin H?

• Posted

Hi Torpeto,

i actually had Fucidin prescribed for my young son who had a sore patch between one of his toes. As it was in my medicine box, and I was desperate, I applied some first on my MC and it cleared up. I then went to my doctor and explained that I had trialled this cream on myself and it worked on my MC and therefore could he phase give me a prescription for another tube for my daughter to try. The doctor was not convinced about my theory as it was more of a tropical fungus cream, but he did give me the prescription. Like I say, I put a  reasonable amount on all areas effected 2-3 times a day and it went away within a couple of weeks. It's been 2 years now (msybe longer) and it never came back! PLEEASE give it a try, it can't do any harm. Good luck! (Just so you know, I live in the U.K. So if you live outside the U.K. It may have another name but your doctor should know an alternative brand/product for anti fungal/tropical cream) 

• Edited

Liz112!!! I can't thank you enough for your post.  My three year old has had mollescum for the last 6 months. It's aweful looking and embarrassing. I couldn't believe it when his pediatrician said there was nothing she could prescribe for it and it could last up to two years. 

I read your post and looked in our medicine cabinet for an anti fungal cream. I found a cream we used once when he had a skin infection. MUPIROCIN it is also used for impetigo. Googled it and it's similar to what you used. 

Dries them right up!!! He's down from 20 bumps to 5 in one week. Amazing!!!!! 

Thank you,  thank you!!!! 

Please give this a try if your child is struggling with this. It's seriously works fast! 

• Posted

Hi Kristen,

I'm so happy to hear you have had good results! It's such an annoying condition and I'm really glad for your little one!

Regards,

Liz

• Posted

Please update with your progress. I've tried everything and I'm losing hope. Does a doctor have to prescribe this ointment or can you buy it in a drug store? Thank you 

• Posted

Hi Jan2017,

I came across this ontoitment in my medicine basket. It had previously been pr scribed to my other child for a bacterial infection between on of his toes. Like I said, in desperation I tried it on myself first and when it worked I took my daughter to the GP and asked if they would prescribe it. The doctors weren't convinced that it would work but as it would do no harm trying, they gave me the prescription. Fudicin may be a brand name used in the UK, but it does come up on google. It's basically an antibacterial/fungal ointment which certainly gave great lasting results. PLEASE try it! Good luck.

Liz112. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.