My CURE to BV!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Yup you heard right. I've been suffering from chronic bv for about a year and hate antibiotics so I've used garlic (cured it for awhile but it came back stronger), apple cider vinegar (Works temporarily but makes you dry), hydrogen peroxide (works temp and also makes you dry),  NOW I finally stumbled upon a cure. Yogurt! I had one of those insters, the ones that come in a box of monistat, filled it with yogurt and walla ALL symptoms were gone. PLEASE it must be non fat plain yogurt (preferably with probiotics but not necessary as I just used plain yogurt and it worked great) I learned that if you don't COMPLETELY cure it with a method the bad bacteria learns to fight it and it becomes useless in the future. (Must be why the garlic became ineffective, it worked fabulousssss but I only did it once).  So I strongly suggest doing it for a few days to be sure. It will leak so wear a pad. Now the only issue I've had is a yeast infection from time to time, which for me the yogurt does not cure but at least I have no signs of that pesky bv smell or discharge!!! Yeast infections only last a few days for me so I just drink plenty of water and it goes away on it's own. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I never had a smell. Ive been using vitamin c, daily and nightly. So sick of the discharge. Thinking of switching to boric acid. I have some from years,ago, ive hears it doesnt expire.
    • Posted

If there's no smell it most likely isn't bv. It's probably just a slight imbalance which yogurt could help as well to promote good bacteria. Be sooo lucky you don't have the smell because that's the worst part it's hoorible. But definitely try the yogurt it's worth a shot! 

• Posted

I was wondering if i was misdiagnosed because i havent had relations in like 3 months so its,not from sex. I stopped my estring and thats when it all started, like a month later. Culture showed gardenella, because i asked and that seems to be the one that is dominant in BV. ive read that mostly there is the smell but its possible that there is no smell. Also the doc should do a gram smear to look for clue cells...not sure what those are but if they r present, its bv. My doc DID NOT. just did the culture. Gynos can be lazy and not go outside the box. I need a new smart one.

Last night i was fed up and did boric acid suppository.itched a lot but feeling good now, well see as the day goes.

• Posted

That's awesome! Glad it worked for u the yogurt thing never worked for me. I'm still suffering with the smell. Its horrible!!!

• Posted

Aww I'm sorry to hear that! Have you tried raw garlic? It's weird but also cured me instantly. My theory of why it came back is because I only did once, it cured the smell completely but I failed to keep doing it until the discharge disappeared, so the bad bacteria learned to fight it. Do it every night before you go to bed for a week. 

• Posted

Yes. Just one clove. If symptoms are really bad make a very small cut into it to release its antibacterial properties. Not too big because the juices are strong for some it may burn if your sensitive/ sore down there. But it does wonders! 
    • Posted

Ok. Thanks I will try this I just want to find something that works. I really don't wanna smell like garlic but I guess its better then fish I can't handle this smell anymore

• Posted

Question for you guys, I went to the doctor on Thursday and she found the typical clue cells present.  Oddly I haven’t had any smell but intense burning and pain down there.  I am on day 3 of the antibiotics but not showing much improvement yet.  Any tips?  Is it normal not to be seeing relief yet?  It went on for a while because I thought I had a UTI at first.  Any help is so much appreciated!!
  • Posted

I have no smell either but i felt burning when i urinated, not uti burn but v skin burn. Do u have discharge? I did not get better on the metrogel and ir really irrirated me. Doc put me on flagl and i was better about 2 1/2 days later. After my 7 days on it, a few days later discharge back!!!!!!! Uggg, now doing home remodys, did acv baths, hydr peroxide washes, vit c, but now boric acid. Its a battle. Not home free yet!
    • Posted

I had that at one point my entire vagina burned to the point it felt uncomfortable to walk. I believe it was a yeast infection because the discharge was white and chunky with no smell. I find antibiotics to do more harm than good plus they weaken your immune system with repeated use. I just used monistat, on the outside only, and it went away in a few days. Yogurt for me now is my savior! I just found out eating AND inserting it brings my PH completely normal. When my period comes it returns but it clears it up everytime! 
  • Posted

QUICK UPDATE: So after my period the smell came back sad I tried the yougurt method again, this time eating it and inserting it, along with inserting garlic. It cured it after a day and now I'm back to normal. Apparently EATING the yogurt was wayyyy better, originally it left me dry when I attempted to douche but this time by the end of the day I was moist, discharge free, and fishy smell free! Lol Even sex with my bf was great completely normal. I'll see if it comes back 

• Posted

QUICK UPDATE yogurt worked but was temporary unfortunately sad so temporary to the point I was doing it nearly everyday. I soon began having the symptoms of burning and itching so I quit douching all together. Afterwards that cleared up and I was left with just the strong smell and discharge. NEW CURE (hopefully) after research on “salt water bath” I put 7 cups of water and 1/2 a cup of sea salt in a pan and sat in it for 15 mins. Water must be hot tub warm but make sure not to burn yourself. I did this for 3 days along with orally drinking a 20 billion liquid probiotic I got from Whole Foods. These are the best results yet! All symptoms are gone! No smell, no strange discharge, no itching so far for 5 days!! Hope it stays this way I’ll keep you ladies updated 
    • Posted

I wish I was that lucky. Nothing has worked for me and I've tried everything I don't understand this anymore. I stay so depressed and have lost all my friends and family over this. The smell is so embarrassing If I how much longer I can take it!!!

• Posted

Please try the salt water bath my symptoms are still gone! My only issue is dryness at this point I think it’s due to my soaps. Drinking ginger and green tea works wonders to aid in any infections as well. For 2 years I’ve been suffering I feel your pain! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.