My cyst put me in bed for 5 days doctors don’t seem concerned

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know that I have cysts since 2014 about the size of a golf ball on my right ovary. 5 days ago promptly after being intimate (active for a month and moving some furniture) I had the worst pain I’ve ever had in my pelvis. My abdomen bloated immediately to the point that I looked 4-5 months pregnant. I couldn’t eat. I was nauseous, bloated, in constant pain. Stuck in bed sleeping all day couldn’t even stand to watch TV. Got seen by an NP (started bc, again rolleyes ) and then two days later at the ER.  I just keep getting explained to me that I have cysts, got it, that it’s “normal,” got it, that it didn’t rupture???? So how does it not rupturing put me on my butt in bed feeling like death for 5 days? Does anyone have any clues to this? I’m so sick of being talked down to and my issues downplayed by doctors giving me the “suck it up” diagnosis. Beyond frustrated and feel so stuck. Please tell me someone has had this and it is not just “normal”?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have u seen an gyn doctor yet i was in the same situation that u was for a whole year until i told my gyn that i want it removed cause mine was growing so i had my ovary and tube taken out in april u have to put your foot down and tell them that u can't bare the pain

• Posted

I’m getting the run around Docs “will see me if my pain is severe otherwise make an appt for 4-6 weeks from now.” I feel like they don’t care at all I had a hospital referral and everything. But I told them my cramps are random now so they didn’t book me right away. I’ve also been told any surgery on this cyst would be cosmetic and voluntary and wouldn’t be covered by insurance. rolleyes No doc will agree to it.
  • Posted

Hello meljay11 I had a large cyst 21cm and I had it took it out in June with my ovaryI'm suprised that doctors havnt booked u in for a op to remove them I didn't have a clue I had a cyst that big as I wasn't in pain I was just bloated and I thought that was down to my diet. Somethings not right and it needs sorting! I wish u the best of luck and I would prompt drs to get a move on because cysts can turn nasty and all sorts of problems can occur I was one of the lucky ones I recon your cysts may have grown and are putting pressure on your organs xxxx hence the pain.

• Posted

Last time surgery was mentioned I was told it’s not doctor recommend hence it would be cosmetic and voluntary — not cover my insurance. I had a hospital referral for an OB and they were not phased by me and my story and told me booking 4-6 weeks from now would be best. Since my pain is t severe anymore. They just want to see how birthcontrol does but I’ve done this twice already and the cyst is the same size. Round 3, I guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.