My dad died

Posted , 5 users are following.

Havent had a good time of it lately, my dad passed away. I am struggling to be good. sadsad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your dad losing a parent is a unimaginabley hard time to get through. And I suppose it's the hard times that cause us to comfort eat more and reach out to the cupboards. But this will result in more weight gain, if your using orlistat then more side effects due to overeating and of course after you've stuffed your face a huge rush of guilt and remorse. I cannot imagine what your going through but keep strong try to keep yourself busy and just look after yourself keep telling yourself if ur dad could see you hed want you to be happy and he'd be proud. t
  • Posted

hi there so very sorry to hear you have lost your dad thats awful you must be feeling so low. I know its very hard for you but try and stay strong easy forcme to say but comforting yourself with food will just make you feeo so much worse. Be strong try and keep your chin up and remain positive  my thoughts are with you hun were always here if you need support take care sxx
  • Posted

OMG, my step Dad died of cancer yesterday. I was very close to him. I am so, so sad, not least because he and my Mum are in the UK and I am in New Zealand, so far away and cannot do anything to help. The temptation to reach for something sweet last night was huge! But I resisted, I don't want to be an emotional eater any more. It is so very hard, and I really feel for you, but if you let food become your emotional prop you will just feel even more down because you will undo all the wonderful work you have done so far. Drink lots of tea! Stay strong,  like zenab24512 said, he will be proud of what you are achieving. I took it out of those at work today haha, I was so grumpy! Drink lots of tea, stay strong, take care of yourself x
    • Posted

sorry for repeating myself at the end there.

• Posted

Hi there, I am not surprised at all that are still struggling. Anyone would be. I cannot imagine not having my mum or dad around anymore and I feel really sad for you. I love all the strong words of comfort you are receiving about being strong and not comforting eating etc. and I am inclined to say something along that line too, but I know deep down that I would be comfort eating and struggling with unhappiness myself if I were in your shoes. Don't beat yourself up and stop putting so much pressure on yourself. You are allowed to mourn and grieve and part of that process is not being able to get your head round anything else, least of all dieting. Just relax and take a pause. If you can't concentrate on dieting one day, then don't, just take a day out and try and get your head into gear, and the days you can concentrate and diet, then go ahead with it. You will find as time passes you can concentrate on other things more and more until one day you will feel like your old self again, and be ready to crack on with the diet. There is no rush, there is no deadline, only that which you've set yourself, and your doctor will understand if you need to come off the tablets for a while and get yourself to a calm and happy place again, and then you can start again. If you keep trying to be good every day, and failing every day, you are just going to put more and more pressure on yourself and be defeated and end up giving up for good. Take a pause, take a time out, and come to terms with your loss. Then when YOU and only you decide the time is right again, you wipe the slate clean and start froms scratch. Take care and go easy on yourself, you are only human like the rest of us struggling with our own day to day issues, and when it all gets too much, like anloblue says, make a cup of tea and sit down and chill and think of nothing but that lovely cup of warming tea. xx
  • Posted

Thank you all for taking the time to send send me kind words of support. You are all wonderful, and I really appreciate it. 

I am trying to stay focused. Your help and understanding is just what i needed.

Lots of love to you all xxx

• Posted

Hi hun oh were all here for you if you need a chat any help or support just get in touch we are all here to help each other hope you are ok were all thinking bout you take care xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.