my daughter has PTSD

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 12 year old daughter has been diagnosed with PTSD and has now had it since the age of 5 and although she is seeing a psychologist she is getting worse is there any benefits I can claim for her

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Davina,

Yes, you can claim DLA or PIP, but you would need to phone the DWP in Blackpool or apply online. Personally, I would advise you not to apply online due to the limitation on what you can write in detail.

Since she has had since the Age of 5 years old, she would have a medical history of issues she suffers from and how often. You would be entitled to it, but I must warn you there is a 1 million+ backlog of claims being dealt with at the moment.

Don't take this as in a negative way because the Award would be backdated to when you sign and send the application form. So, all the weeks that pass by they will pay you. If when you receive the Application and it looks very daunting in most cases, questions look like they are repeated, but they are not - it is traps that many people fall in to - whatever you do, do not take it to CAB, most assessments fail when filled in by CAB.

If you need help I can direct you to places that will help you in many ways.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Oh I forgot, there is a cut-off age with Children which is 16 years old, then you have to re-apply!
    • Posted

Hi les and thanks for that advice I would appreciate it if you could direct me to places that will help many thanks davinia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.