My daughter has sleep apnoea they want to remove her tonsils and adenoids

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter for the past year has had a constant cold, always sneezing! I thought it was hay fever so have her piriton but it got so bad I went to see my doctors who sent her to hospital for tests. After a month of tests the consultant said the results that had come back from her sleeping monitor suggested she had sleep apnoea, so they thought the best course of action would be to remove her tonsils and adenoids! This is scheduled to be done in the next month! I am now in turmoil over this because since she has been to the consultant she hasn’t had the runny nose or sneezing! And I do not want to put her through the procedures if she could grow out of it! I would really appreciate some advice x 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You have every reason to be worried about this. After hearing a lot of negative things in the news recently about increased risk of respiratory, allergic and infectious diseases after this procedure, I would be very concerned. Adenoids and tonsils are parts of the immune system. Read up on this and get a second opinion it should be taken very seriously and doctors don’t always get it right.
  • Posted

It's a little difficult to answer because you don't say how old your daughter is.

I can only say that a friend's daughter had the same problem when she was around four and my friend, like you, was reluctant to let the doctors operate. Although she's not at all the "alternative" type, she decided to try homeopathy - and it worked! It also cleared the little girl's asthma. She's a mother herself now, and still has her tonsils.

One caveat however: we live in a country where all homeopaths have to be fully-qualified doctors. I believe this isn't the case everywhere in the world. My friend found a paediatric homeopath for her daughter. I wouldn't advise consulting a homeopath who isn't a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.