My daughter is 10 is in the process of getting tested

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 10 year old daughter is waiting for an MRI to see if she has the same thing as her hip, they said she has an infection in her hip, but havent confirmed if it was in her bone yet. I just want to share some of her symptoms n see if they r similiar as any of you guys. Shes had the hip pain since 2 weeks ago Thursday now , n her foot started swelling up last week thursday. She is in so much pain when the immflammotory n pain medication wear off. N its a waiting game, but i would really know results now. Worried n terrified momma. We are so far away from home

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Emery. I am sorry about your daughter's illness. I ask if your daughter has had an injury that resulted in the bones in her leg being exposed, can you think of any time the bone was pierced some  how?  Just not a lot of information given to lead someone to conclude osteomyelitis yet. Wishing you and your Daughter well.
    • Posted

Maybe a week before this , she did bang her shin pretty bad. Would that have caused this?
    • Posted

Hi there,

In reply to that, yes that could almost defiantly have caused it. Mine was caused by a kick to my heel. They say it can be caused by a kick or bang. Or even a massive trauma in your life.

Hope this helps x

• Posted

Hi there,

When I got it in my heel and ankle the pain was excruciating. There were no visible marks externally. I could feel any movement within the room I was in and it vibrated straight to my heel/ankle.

Because there were no visual signs I was told there was nothing wrong with me.

Due to the time that elapsed the disease had spread and ate more bone marrow. To me time is of the essence, and an urgent need to be treated. That's just my opinion.

I hope this helps, good luck to you and hope your daughter gets the treatment.

Regards Liz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.