My daughter is 5 weeks and has TOF. She's getting a heart surgery next month and I'm scared

Posted , 16 users are following.

Please someone shed some light on my situation. I'm so scared of losing my babygirl

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, My daughter also have the same heart condition. She was alao diagnosed with TOF, shes now 2weeks old. I just can't help but cry the first time I was informed about her condition. The Pedia Cardio said that shes still a "pink" baby since she still appears as a healthy normal baby but later on she will be "blue". Im sacred as you are since my baby also need to undergo heart surgery. We were advised by the pedia cardio to go back to him for check up after 3mos.

Please update us about the surgery of your baby. I will also pray for her successful surgery.

• Posted

My daughter just got the surgery on the 9th of May. She was healthy right up to her surgery date. I breastfed to make sure her weight was up. There were some unexpected complications but she's in recovery now. I'm still living the nightmare but thank the Lord she's recovering well. I'm here if you need to talk.

• Posted

Thank God for your daughter's successful operation. Im also praying for a successful one for my daughter too when that time comes. We will go back to the pedia cardio after 3mos and we'll see what will be done next. Honestly, im really scared as a first time mom. I want the best for my baby. Im lifting everything to God. Will pray for the fast recovery of your baby.

• Posted

I pray the same for your daughter. I felt the same, I would always cry just by looking at her and not knowing how it's going to go but it's all for her well being. I'll pray for your daughter but continue with your faith. God is in control of everything and he won't leave your baby's side.

• Posted

Thank you Gretchen. I hope your baby will get well the soonest. I know it will really be scary when the surgery time comes, but I know God will take care of my baby during the operation. I hope we can exchange personal emails too for updates regarding this. Im from the Philippines. God bless your family.
  • Posted

Hi! I know that your daughters' probably already had the surgery, but maybe this can help with what comes afterwards. Use the advice as you wish, I'm not a medical expert! I'm 14 and I have TOF (type pulmonary dinosis) and I am a completely normal functioning teen (though I find cardio a little difficult, not impossible) The years after the main surgery can be a little messy as your daughter will probably need frequent check ups. I know that its important to keep your daughter healthy. Most of the reason I'm here without too many problems is the strict (vegetable rich) diet and foods that I ate. As your daughter gets older she might need a few more surgeries (I have needed two ballooning & stent operations so far) but with the right care she will recover quickly. I hope this helps in some way ?

• Posted

I had Tetrology of fallot surgery in 1965.  That was back in the Stone Age of open heart surgery.  I’m now 56 and until last year had no problems except when exercising would get out of breath easy.  Last year I finally had to have my pulmonary heart valve replaced.  I’m doing great and for the first time in my life am not out of breath when I exercise.  Today’s technology makes these procedures a lot safer and with greater success than when I had it.  Get good advice and learn as much as you can before proceeding.  I will be praying for you and your daughter. 
  • Posted

Hello, nice to meet you!

My name is Sasa, and i'm 21 years old right now, a college student. I was diagnosed with ToF when i was 2 years old. But, at that time, my parents still didn't have enough money to paid such a big surgery. My doctor said that more earlier the correction are, the result will be more good. So my parents kept fighting to saved some money, until in 2002, when i was 6 years old, i had a total correction surgery. I feel very grateful that finally i had a total correction that time, so i could be here right now. Thanks to God, my parents, and all the surgeon team who could make this happens! :"wink Pray and have faith! i hope all the best for your daughter and family.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.