My daughter is always sick

Posted , 8 users are following.

She is 9

Constant nausea and stomach pain

Misses school.

Worse the last 2 months

Worse in a car for even 2 minute (new)

Last 2 days Fever, headache and possible swelling/ridge

Stomach does not hurt to touch. Head does hurt to touch. Possibke recent symptom of headache and fever is separate from th3 chronic nausea and pain.

Doctor send testing for plyori antibodies.

I'm worried it's much worse.

Possible anxiety but don't want to brush away serious symptoms. Had bad anxiety last year this time. After HFM. Heard screaming in her head. Went to doc. Thought it was anxiety. Gave coping mechanisms. Went away after a couple weeks.

Help.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It might be viral infection with fever that is sometimes very high ., if she has a low grade fever then it might be cause of h pylori but I doubt its not ., she won't be positive for h pylori that's what I think

• Posted

Karen, has her diet been changed recently. A lot to take in with all these symptoms but start with her diet and see if the nausea and stomach pain subsides. I appendicitis and did not have pain on my right side, in fact, the doctors at the hospital were unsure. They took a blood test and saw that the white blood cell count was a little high which indicated there was an infection.
  • Posted

For sick stomach try a few saltines. Saltines were invented for seasick sailor.  Baking soda water works but kids don't like it. I just add a tiny pinch for some kids. A person can hardly taste it. Neutralize the acid. 

I cant function when my stomach is sick. Once a child feels better then sometimes they are up to going to a doctor and dealing with it. Feeling like you're going to throw up can be overwhelming for youngsters. After trying saltines and baking soda water then maybe pepto liquid. Bismuth kills ecoli just in case it was bacteria from food. 

Tylenol to bring fever down. 

I'm glad the doctor is testing for bacteria. That's what mine was exacerbated by anxiety. I'm on Xifaxan if you have insurance because it's over $1000 for 2 weeks. Once I got a coupon and it was free. No side effects. Easy on my stomach. 

• Posted

Hi karen93208

What is your daughters diet? She may have allergies, has she been tested for lactose and gluten allergies. Keep a food diary and see if there is a correlation between certain foods and her nausea. Also, has she had her vitamins and minerals tested?..low levels of vit D an cause stomach problems also other vit and mineral deficiencies. Also, at 9 years old her hormones could be kicking in ready for puberty. Some young girls are more mature than others in that area....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.