My daughters only 3 and on sulfasalazine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am really worried after reading the earlier posts as my daughter has been put on this medicine 4 times a day by Great Ormond Street but she is too young to tell me if she has any side effects and no one has mentioned blood tests, she is due to go back in 7 weeks.

Should i insist on blood tests or wait and see how she gets on?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello my daughter is only 2 and she's on this medication and yes u have to insist every 3 months maximum to see the affect of the medication on her body.. Please share with me how u cope with it and what is her diagnosis.
  • Posted

Hello Guest and Rana too,

I was diagnosed with Still's Disease, now called Juvenile Arthrits I believe, when I was three years old. I am now nearly 60.

Just wanted to say please don't worry too much (very hard I know) the doctors will do their very best for your little ones. Just make sure you tell them all your fears and ask them to explain everything for you as you go along.

I had treatments in the old days that were no where near as good as today's meds and am still here. having had a lifetime of surgery's and treatments. I can't say it's been easy but I have married had two sons and now have five little grandsons.

I can recommend that you both look at Arthritis Care on the internet, it has a wonderful forum and one part especially dedicated to children with arthritis, where you can ask questions relevant to today's treatment for little ones.

Good luck to you both and hope you get more answers and help soon to help you and your families look after your babies.

• Posted

I have been on sulfazine now for over 4 months and you should have a bllod test taken every 4 weeks for the first 3 month and then every 3 months thereafter..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.