my discharge looks strange, is this normal?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ive had a new sexual partner recently and i noticed a couple days after my discharge has kind of changed colors and there is ssoo much more of it, sometimes it even leaks through my underwear and pants. Another thing is the recent few times we've done it i noticed i started bleeding after but every other time I never bleed and I just want to know if this is normal and i'm just paranoid or if its something wrong. I don't want to go to my mom about it if I don't have too

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

Are you using condoms? Have you noticed any tearing in your vulva?

• Posted

no and i don't think so like it looks normal and there isn't any pain or anything.

• Edited

and I don't know if this even has anything to do with it or if i'm just paranoid but in the end of december/early january my discharge looked looked like the picture down below (sorry its kinda of a bad picture) and was extremely itchy but no smell and my mom thought it was a yeast infection? i went to the gyno and she examined me and sent in swabs and gave me meds for a yeast infection but it ended up not being one and eventually just went away. This looks completely different but no other symptoms besides discharge and i don't want to go to the gyno and the same thing happen so i'm wondering if you think i should go or wait it off?

• Posted

The color can indicate an infection but the texture doesn't look typical of a infection. Not using condoms can easily lead to a yeast infection especially with a new partner. Do you have any smell with it? I think your new partner could maybe have torn your vagina or stretched you possibly that might have caused the bleeding. The amount can be normal for me it's always like that. If it is new for you something can definitely be going on. Your discharge will change color and texture during your cycle. Does this discharge only look this color on toilet paper or does it look like that on your underwear and your vagina?

• Posted

there's no smell and whether its on toilet paper, my underwear, or my vagina its all been the same yellowish color when it used to be more of a white.

• Posted

Yellow or green discharge, especially when it’s thick, chunky, or accompanied by an unpleasant smell, isn’t normal. This type of discharge may be a sign of the infection trichomoniasis. It’s commonly spread through sexual intercourse.

• Posted

I was looking into that a few days ago, but can it still mean that if there is no unpleasant smell? cause it doesn't smell bad its just the color and maybe the consistency im not sure

• Posted

Yellow doesn't always mean bad with the lack of smell and no itchiness it could just be normal for you now or right now.

• Edited

You are very welcome let me know if you end up going back to the doctor.

• Posted

Did anything ever come of this? Did it get worse or go away on its own? I have the same thing right now and no odor but new sexual partner so im nervous. Let me know!!

• Posted

I had the same hue of discharge when I caught STD. Get checked, it could be Gono, Trich, or Chlam. Good thing all three can be treated with antibiotics and make sure that your partner gets checked too even if there are no symptoms

• Posted

Okay. so. you most likely have B.V. which is very common when changing partners and it can go away on its own. but it would be quicker to just go see a doctor and get the meds to clear it up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.