my discomfort ic getting worse

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had an upset stomach for over a week and a pain at my right side at the ribcage...now the stomach discomfort is unbearable last night i couldnt sleep because of it but 2 days ago there was nothing like it comes and goes...this morning i woke up having the pain at my left side not so much at the right but still there blood tests and x rays normal...im freaking out

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did anybody run a test for your gallbladder? I had that problem & they found out that my gallbladder was functioning at 12%

• Posted

i will have an ultrasound in the coming days wont that tell?
  • Posted

If your pain is shifting to different areas of your stomach and comes and goes with varying degrees of intensity, it sounds more like IBS. If it was gallbladder, the pain would be more localised on your right and you might have pain between both shoulder blades or exclusively on your right.    IBS also causes changes in bowel habit, incomplete evacuation and relief of pain after a bowel movement.  An ultrasound would pick up gallbladder problems and so would a HIDA scan.

I had the same symptoms as you with changes in bowel habit along with nausea.  I had an ultrasound, blood tests, stool tests and a urine sample analysed.  Everything was clear and I was diagnosed with IBS.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be confirmed.

• Posted

I had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder & it came out OK. When I continued to have problems they did another test where they put dye in mean and within seconds I was having the pains that I experienced. That's how they found out it was my gallbladder not functioning properly. I had severe pains in my stomach only and didn't feel good. 

• Posted

I have to go with more tests and try a change of foods. No sugar , carbs, wheat. Especially no fatty fried foods or junk foods. Then add them back slowly after two weeks. 

I had had galbladder pain so severe I could not move or breath. Thankfully it's out.

hope your doctor can get you feeling better soon.

• Posted

Might be a good idea to get an endoscopy. Find out if something in your stomach isn't right. I've been battling H-Pylori for several months now. Abdominal pain and neausea just won't go away. So I'm scheduled for another endoscopy. Nothing shows up on blood work , ct scans or xray. But the H-Pylori was confirmed through an endoscopy. Good luck on finding out what's happening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.