My disseminated GA is gone....

Posted , 4 users are following.

It disappeared as quickly as it arrived. I had nodules all over my body for 4.5 years and now it is gone. I was on Acitretin for a year and helped with the break outs. Prednisone also helped but you can't stay on it forever.

There is hope for all that this disease will go away!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI Lucy, that's really terrific, congrats! It would be really great if you could please come back at some point several months from now and let us know if it's still gone?

I had GA for about 5 years and it went away early this year, and was gone for almost 6 months- I thought it was gone for good, because it had never been gone for more than a few weeks before. I was SO excited! And then it came back. I've had it again since June or July now. Mine is localized on my side/back in one area about 6"x6"...I will say though, that it hasn't been quite as bad as before, the lesions are a bit smaller and haven't expanded out into the huge interconnecting circles like it used to. Hoping that it goes away completely eventually, and maybe the severity becoming less is a sign that it may be going away eventually.

Please keep us updated!! And again, congratulations. Will be holding my breath for you that it stays gone!

• Posted

Hello Lucy,

I've had it for around not quite 4 years.

It was real bad on my thighs with ugly round

circles.

I had biopsy to confirm it was Annulara Granuloma.

I prayed constantly to be healed.

I went off Gluten for 3 month. The

circles went away.

Had it on a lot of places usually both sides.

I used prescription creams from the

Dermatologist.

It seems to have pretty much gone away except a small spot on my ankle.

Its been a rough time but you have to be patient.

Over the course of time I used:

Floucinonlde Cream 0.05%

Triamcinolone Aceonide Cream ,0.1%

Used early on Clobetasol Propionate Cream 0.05%

use and stop according to direction from dr.

I believe gluten free and really sticking to it for 3 moth showed the most result.

I researched alot of blogs and the people that had the best results had gone gluten free.

So I tried it and it worked.

It seemed to be the common denominator

while researching what might work.

Plus Prayer was very effective and helped me

alot.

Hope this helps others.

Jeanne

p, 0.1%

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.