My dla benefit has been stopped on 27th of August 2019 when do you receive the last payment w

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive had an a lifetime award and been on it for 20 years

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

HI,

Within 1 month. Have you been asked to apply for PIP and you were refused?

• Posted

Infact most likely 3 weeks after the decision was made. DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and 1 week in advance.

• Posted

Thank you ill be appealling the decison anyway 20 years on indefinate dla and 0 points on pip

• Posted

OK. So I understand from your reply to Denise that you have applied for PIP and got 0 points.

Of course you want to appeal. After all it cannot be worse than 0 points can it?!!

I would consider going to CAB. (Citizens Advice Bureau).

They filled the form out for me when I applied for PIP.

Good luck.

Let me know how you get on.

Sarah

• Posted

I have left hemelpligia and was born like it the woman said i was obseved with a wide walking gait and limp to left side still got zero points on mobility after receiving high rate for 20 years how can you be disabled all your life then all of a sudden im fine according to pip they call it personal independence payment and all they have done is taken my independence away dont know how im expected to live now because my wife works dont think i can claim anything else

• Posted

I understand exactly how you feel.

It is just a completely different system of scoring points I'm afraid.

I did not understand it either how I got middle rate of DLA for years and then not enough points on mobility when applying for PIP.

Fortunately I got points on the daily living so what I get in PIP is almost exactly equivalent to what I was getting in DLA.

I hope you appeal and get Citizens Advice Bureau to help you.

I don't think this scheme exists any more but there used to be a scheme whereby if you appealed a decision you could ask for a local Welfare Rights Officer to represent you. I did this when they took away my DLA a long time ago and they then re instated it.

Good luck with all of this.

Do keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

You have 1 month from the date of the PIP decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.

If you haven't received a copy of the assessment report then ring DWP to ask them for this. Avoid mentioning any lies the assessor may have told in the report because DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. They will only be interested in the reasons why you think you qualify. Remember, as advised PIP and DLA are completely different benefits. Evidence is also needed to support your claim.

Most MR decisions remain the same, so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Do be aware that waiting times for hearings in most areas is huge and you could be waiting as long as 1 year from when they accept your appeal. It's not a quick process.

Representation for a Tribunal is possible from either Welfare Rights or a law centre, if you have either of those in your area. CAB very rarely represent now because of lack of funding. Even with representation you'll still need to speak for yourself during the hearing because they will want to hear from you in your own words how your conditions affect you.

In the meantime whether or not you're entitled to claim any other benefits will depend on your circumstances, household income and savings. Universal Credit is the only benefit available and this is means tested, so you'll need to claim as a couple with your partner. Putting your details into a benefits calculator will help.

• Posted

Look carefully at your DLA award.

If it says INDEFINITELY they can review you at any time.

If it says FOR LIFE they cannot review it.

That is my understanding.

I got caught out assuming INDEFINITELY meant FOR EVER (FOR LIFE).

However Denise is right DLA does not exist any more and they should have invited you to apply for PIP if you were eligible.

Be aware though that PIP is very different to DLA and there are different criteria.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

It was a DLA to PIP transfer as mentioned by tom above.

Tom, i agree with Sarah here do be aware that PIP and DLA have completely different criteria and an Indefinite DLA award doesn't mean you'll automatically be entitled to PIP.

There's lots of information online about the PIP descriptors and what they mean. Take a close look and do some research. It's very easy to think you should score certain points for an activity but when you look closer that's very often not the case.

Do be aware that only 18% of MR decisions change so you'll very likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and lots of people are waiting a year for their hearing date. Add on the time it takes for the MR decision and this is well in excess of 1 year. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.