My Doctor Made My Crohn's Disease Worse...Possibly on Purpose.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I realize how crazy this sounds but please hear me out. I want everyone to be aware of this regardless if you believe in conspiracy oriented accusations such as this or not. The truth is, these things happen on a daily basis and we need to be aware so it does not happen to us, again. So firstly I want to start by saying I am a 27 year old male. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at the young age of 10. They told me I was lucky to have had it found so early in life. "Blah, blah, blah take these extremely damaging medications for the next 8 years of your life". Of course I took the meds, which ended up being 15 pills a day until I was old enough to make my own decisions. If you are wondering what the meds were I can recall a few; Asacol, Purenithol, and a multitude of steroids. So, here comes the good part. I was basically cured of Crohns at the age of 18. Against all of the doctors nagging advice, I stopped taking all medications. I have not taken a single prescription for my disease to this day. So, 9 years without any medicine even though the doctor continues to push Humira and Purenithol onto me. I have lived a perfectly healthy life since taking myself off of the medication other than bad hips and knee pain which comes from years of medication. Despite this good health, my doctor insists that I get my FIFTH scope done at the age of 27. So, like an annoyed child, I finally gave in and got it done. The procedure went as normal as any other despite the disgusting crap juice we have to drink prior. The problem came early the morning after the scope. I woke up with a sore side and a nice goose egg on my lower left abdomen. Turning the light on I noticed a knot and a nice black bruise. After a few days of it not going away I went to see my doctor wherein I was promptly giggled at at told that a swollen lymph node is common in reaction to a scope. (even though this was my fifth one and my first swollen node on my abdomen) So, I went home moderately relieved that it was not serious but the worst was yet to come. My crohn's came back in full force for the first time in almost a decade. It has been nearly two months since my scope and I STILL have a swollen node, painful bowl movements, cramps, and you guessed it; blood in my stool. I have absolutely no other explanation for this occurring beyond the fact that it all started immediately after my recent scope two months ago. I am scheduling a doctors appointment again but I bet you can guess exactly what will happen. A patient that refuses to buy overpriced meds that ruins your body has suddenly become a customer again. Call me crazy if you want but this is not the first time I have caught a doctor securing their next doctors visit. I wish I had more time to explain but I am tired of typing for now. To summarize; Perfect health for 9 years with very minimal symptoms to immediate relapse after my fifth scope with frequent bloody stools and a swollen lymph node for 2 months. I refused medicine and allowed myself to heal naturally and it worked. I refused medicine along the way and now I am being forced to consider my options. Hopefully someone out there can relate or offer an opinion. Please try not to name call for my crazy thoughts on the matter. There is more that goes with it but I am simply too tired to type more. Best of luck to everyone.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First you must go to a hospital E/R for testing. They have the proper equipment. Depending upon what they say or do, you can then consult with a medical malpractice attorney.
  • Posted

I think that the colonoscopy may have irriated your colon and triggered your Crohns.  These procedures are invasive and can cause irritation.  Any medical procedure carries the risk of side effects.  This is likely what you have experienced.

While it was unprofessional for your doctor to laugh at you,  I do not believe for one minute that your doctor did this to you deliberately. It simply does not make sense .  Doctors can make mistakes, but this is not the same thing as deliberate harming.

I was permanently injured after a blood test and I at first believed the nurse did it deliberately.  But very soon afterwards I realised that the trauma of the injury had triggered severe stress and anxiety which caused me to think illogically.  In reality, it was simply that the nurse was not trained properly and didn’t know what she was doing.  Colonoscopies can be very traumatic for some people with the bowel prep, sedation side effects and possible post procedure irritation.  I had severe depression after my endoscopy sedation but this was nothing to do with any malign intent on the part of the doctor.  It was a severe reaction.

I would listen to your doctor and resume your Crohns medication to calm your colon for now.  Doctors are there to help you!  You have been through a traumatic experience and your emotions will be running high. Try to relax.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.