My doctor says i am fine but has never actually examined me.. should i go to the ER? .....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had problems since i stopped taking my birth control a year and a half almost two years ago. I ended up in the hospital with a cyst on my right ovary and a contracted gallbladder. My doctor never examined me after just gave me naproxen and said i am too young to have any problems, i am 20. my whole family has had their gallbladders taken out young. but none of them have smoked cigarettes either. I STILL have two week long periods and pain , bad pain. now the past two weeks then ever i feel like i am going to puke 80% of the day and i still get gallbladder spasms . i started my period the 8th of January and it is now the 26th. i cannot have intercourse with my boyfriend because it hurts so bad. i took a pregnancy test and it was negative. i am only in pain when i am active so i basically lay around all day. i didnt go to work today and when i was at the grocery store i was in intense pain the whole time because i was walking a lot. but my time after time of going to my doctor she says i am too young to have any problems and does not actually examine me.. i am not sure when it is time to go to the hospital . the assistant yesterday said i should really go to the ER then today said the doctor said just take ibprofen .. i take remeron .. you cannot mix those two medications . what should i do. please someone , help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hello!!

So sorry to hear you're in so much pain, that sounds awful... You should definitely go to the ER.

Pain isn't normal, it's our body telling us that something is wrong...

i got fobbed off by doctors for 2-3 years and ended up in the ER with a complex cyst 22CM x 20CM x 18CM and had to have a laparatomy pretty quickly. i just wish that a doctor had taken a genuine interest in what i was saying...

you know your body better than anyone else. keep pushing to find out what the root cause of the pain is until you find out.

Please take care and good luck xx

• Posted

hi i cant beleive your doctor hasnt examined you proply stop taking those pills remeron is for depression an for anxiety Ibuprofen is used to relieve pain from various conditions such as headache, dental pain, menstrual cramps, muscle aches, or arthritis. ... Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). ... To reduce your risk of stomach bleeding and other side effects, i suggest you go to the closest hospital especially if they havent examined you so please HOSPITAL NOW

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.