My doctor says this is athletes foot. I don’t know if I agree...

Posted , 3 users are following.

what do you think it could be?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow looks so uncomfortable!I am not a doctor but have had so many different foot and or skin issues.IT looks fungal but,without a culture i would worry it could be bacterial.I would insist on further testing and see a dermatologist.THEY MAY HAVE MORE ANSWERS AND SOME RELIEF FOR YOU!

• Posted

thanks for the replies. Right now i have only tried topical cream for athlete's foot. I haven't been provided with any oral medications.

its def very itchy and it appears to be spreading, despite applying cream for 3 weeks now.

will hopefully go back to my doctor this weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.