My doctor told me that mirtazapine is stronger on lower doses.

Posted , 5 users are following.

When I reduced from 30mg to 15 mg I definitely noticed that I was much more tired during the day - it was like taking sleep medicine that didn't wear off until after 12:00 the next day. I actually felt better after I stopped taking it. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi 30mg didn't agree with me. I felt awful taking it so went back to 15mg. I'm seeing my doctor this week to see if I can come off them completely. There not even helping me with sleep at night and I feel wiped up all the next day.

• Posted

6 weeks. Felt like I was wired not good. I'm hopefully going to come off them all together soon.

• Posted

That sounds like a good idea. Some of these meds can do more harm than good. I hope it goes well for you.
  • Posted

Hi Adele

I have been on 30mg for 8 years and started withdrawing since June. Am now on 15mg and for 3 days now have been feeling really drowsy

• Posted

My doctor said 30 mg was the most commonly used dose because for a lot of people 15 mg is just too strong. After 2 weeks of being on 15mg I had a couple rough days - I was incredibly spacey. I stayed in 15mg for another week and then stopped altogether. Even though 15 made me feel worse, I think it was better than going from 30mg to nothing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.