My Dr's office won't communicate with me

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last month and a half I've had a chronic headache. When I first met with a physician's assistant, she said I had a sinus infections and treated me with steroids and antibiotics. When it didn't work , I came back for a follow-up visit and she recommended that I got MRI of my brain. She assured me that I would be hearing from her on Monday (appointment was on Friday). No one ever called. I've been calling myself for the last two weeks, and all I was told each time that the request was still pending and I need to call again later. Finally I got a letter from my insurance company letting me know that they received a request for MRI, but they are still missing paperwork that the Dr's office failed to send. When I called Dr's office this morning, they told me that MRI was denied. When I asked what I should do next, lady on the phone said that I can try calling insurance, but most likely they won't do anything. The PA who ordered MRI will need to have a phone conference with the insurance. When I asked when it will happen, the receptionist said she didn't know. I then asked for the PA to call me, she hasn't. It's been a month since my first visit, and I still have no diagnosis and no timeline on when anything will be done to help me. Meanwhile I still get headaches every single day. What can I do to fix this mess?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Can I just ask, are you in the UK and under the NHS? or in another country? Its just that under the NHS, a Doctor's "assistant" wouldn't normally be responsible for suggesting you need an MRI.

This would only be done as a result of a Doctor referring you to a hospital consultant to investigate your symptoms - who would then decide on either a suitable course of treatment or whether you needed further tests, including an MRI, Xrays, scans or whatever.

If you are in the UK, just make an appointment with your GP and go from there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.