My Dr. told me to wear long sleeves: Help looking for treatments that work!

Posted , 11 users are following.

My GP told me there is no cure for GA and to wear long sleeves since the treatment is worse than the rash. She also said that the Dr are just trying to make money off me. Please advise if there is anyone that has cured this disease.

She also said that I need to be on prozac because I am obsessed with my rash. I have the generalized type that is over 80% of my body. The only thing that works is prednisone and I have been on and off that for 3.5 years.

Help!!! 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

So I've had this since 2007 and am a firm believer it was brought on from vaccines. After several years of frustration with doctors and no answers or solutions I have been able to keep it under control. Stress makes it worse!!! I have it all over my legs and regular listerine seems to help it fade. Try it and hopefully it'll help you keep it under control. 

• Posted

Also the expensive creams were worthless and not worth the risk. Steroid treatment doesn't make sense to me bc the skin is the largest organ and your body is showing you there is an issue. You can't just mask the symptoms you must go after the cause of it. Not having much info doesn't help and if you stress about it too much, it just seems to get worse. It showed up on my face during a very stressful time, once that passed, it seemed to clear up. I'm obsessed with finding an answer for this.   

• Posted

They also say the sulphates in red wine makes it flare up. I stated drinking res wine aftee many years of not drinking and I'm going to drop it and see if it helps. The bloke says he added something to nutrlize the salphates and it works. So yet i think a clean diet may help me to even though my GA is photo sensive.

• Posted

I too have the more severe general GA. It is very agressive and has been itching for a while no and driving me crazy. Please cover up if your GA is photo sensitive. Mine is and had i known im sure i would have been able to control it better. Everywhere the sun falls in my akin I have thousands. With regard to the prozac i don't think so. U have to change the way you think about it. It is annoying and horrible but doesn't make u sick so it could have been worse. Try the cannibus oils. So far it is the only thing i have heard of that works. I've been in it for 2 weeks now and i feel fine. They aay in two months i should see a big improvement and by 5 months all gone

• Posted

I'm not sure about the vaccination viewpoint, but I do think there is a component with gut bacteria and inflammation. I gave up Prilosec, added turmeric and changed to a paleo diet. It's all but vanished from my upper body and starting to fade on my legs and feet. I go for my recheck next week and they'll probably chalk it up to the cream until I set them straight.

• Posted

Read the side effect of prozac. I was on it for 10 years for anxiety. Worked really well but omg it was hell going on it and hell comming off it so use it as a last resort. U mught be rid of your granuloma and still stuggle with the prozac.
    • Posted

she said I should be on Prozac because of my mental obsession with the rash not to cure it. She said just wear long sleeves and live with it. I am working with a functional Dr. trying to ge to the bottom of the cause. But that takes time.
  • Posted

has anyone else tried this Listerine Theory? I wanted to know if anyone on this discussion board has any thoughts on any low-grade infections or something like bleeding gums or herpes zoster or low-grade lung infections or maladies. Would like to hear everybody's thoughts to see if it's an angle to a cure

• Posted

I had autoimmune tests diabetes and thyroid. All clear. I am healthy with no apparent reason for this bar stress. The only thing I know makes my GA spread is exposure to the sun. Eveywhere my skin has been exposed to the sun I have crusts of GA
  • Posted

I just saw my Rheumatologist last week by coincidence. I asked her about GA being an autoimmune disease. She said unless it was like yours all over to just treat with the halobetasol cream dermatologist prescribed. She said if it was bad as yours sounds have a 2second biopsy and let them determine if it’s auto immune related then maybe there could be some treatment, other than that there is no cure. I’ve just learned to deal with the flare ups as they appear whichnluckily are not too often . Sorry you have to deal with thus😢

• Posted

I just registered for this website because of your post, I think it's awful the Dr told you to be on Prozac because you're "obsessed with your rash"  !  I'm sorry to hear you have it on 80% of your body, it is truly a stressful thing to have and I have found that in times of extra stress mine flares up.  I wouldn't go on Prozac but I use fitness, running & yoga to help me deal with the stress of all my teenagers smile  I've had it about 7 yrs, I'm 56 yrs old, I have been using the steroid cream sparingly (clobestol).  Recently I have several new areas & huge stress in my life.  Living in New England, I am looking forward to getting out in the sunlight now after a long winter.  A little sunlight w/o sunscreen a few times a week seem to help , I'm not sure if it's the endorphins fighting the stress or what, maybe vitamin D?  We all seem to have many different triggers but apparently that makes sense because it is an immune system reaction.  Cound be an infection that starts it, a bug bite, a trauma, a medication, sugar, gluten, thyroid, who knows?  I have been reading all these posts and now I am going to try Apple Cider vinegar capsules because it seems harmless enough & worth a try...maybe it changes the PH balance in your body, again...who knows, we are all looking for answers.  My dermatologist kinda pushes me out the door when I go once a year, like "on your way"  there's not much we can do"...then she has to mention "I have on patient who is covered in it"  which doesn't make me feel better.  I have lots of other things to deal with so I just try to ignore this, put the cream on the areas like every few weeks.  Started on elbows, then kness, front of feet, back of knees , hip areas, inner wrists onto some hand, recently from the bottox all the way down the back of my legs.  Seems once an area starts, you own it from then on, I can only treat it, fade it, then returns randomly after time.  My Dr prescribes the clobestol and will inject some stubborn areas, she handed me a pamphlet on Humira but that messes with you immune system, just what we don't need!  Good luck with eveyone,  I will continue to search for advice and will let you know if the cider vinegar helps  smile

• Posted

I have been in cannabis captules for 3 weeks now and I'm starting to see a difference. I have very agresive general GA and it is photosensitive so no sun for me. I have had it for 2 year and will be happy to see the end of it. No creams have helped and the cortisone injections only makes it a bit lighter but return to what it looked like anyway. Good luck

• Posted

Bed bugs bite??

How about hormonal changes ( young females, both genders around late middle age).

Some low grade infection?

• Posted

I have found that I have an allergic reaction or sensitivity to Keratin.  It is in shampoo, makeup, all kinds of hair products, lotions, etc...  Try removing these items from your daily use and see if that helps. My GA is going away, fading nicely into regular skin. The sun does help too.
  • Posted

In 2011 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, after surgery, chemo and radiation treatment I was diagnosed via biopsy in 2013 with GA. Steroid cream diprosine wrapped with cling wrap cleared it up. In 2016 I was bitten by something I assume was a white tip spider. Within months I was consumed with GA again. A second biopsy confirmed it. My legs, arms and stomach and now even my back. Some small some big. Some join up. But new ones almost every day. I have tried: diprosine  again, apple cider vinegar, aloe Vera, coconut oil, zinc capsule, vitamin d tabs, liquid herbs from naturopath, ultabiotic 45, tea tree oil, neem  extract, cupping, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free, , cortisone shots, doxycycline  and tacrolimus - none of them worked. The only things that half helped - uv light therapy (30 sessions), diprosine OV and prednisone pills. But once treatment stops it comes Back worse than b4. And in some cases like the OV just stops working. I’m 36 and otherwise fit and healthy. I’ve seen 6 different doctors who all shrug and say there is no cure. What gets to me tho is they won’t figure out why this is happening. It’s so ugly and embarrassing. I’m happy it’s not life threatening but still... my latest Dermo wants me to try plaqunil which can damage the eyes. I have the script but I’m not sure. I’m trying salt therapy tomorrow. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.