My Dr won't do surgery!! Why ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had hs for over 15 years I been on antibiotics they make me sick I just wish my Dr do surgery and remove theses from my arm pit.. he says it's in a bad spot.. I think he don't want to do it because I am on Medicaid!! And suggestions!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Find a Surgeon who takes Medicaid, preferably a Plastic surgeon. I've had both armpits done. One with a skin Graft ( Wound vac). The other wide excision and intentional healing on it's own ( also wound vac) .One done in 2012, and other done 2013. The Hs has never come back in those areas. As long as they can gett most of the disease out u should be fine. I feel your pain and I know it's grueling. Good luck and God speed.

Note to other Hs suffers don't let this disease define us, embrace it and realize their is no cure but we have to find out what works best for us to control it. Also what works well for Adam may not work well for Steve with this disease(MALE) and what works we 'll for Sue may not work well for Jen. This disease is different for everybody. Nubiles with this disease seek with due diligence knowledge to know everything you need to know. GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

• Posted

How bad does it have to be before I can get surgery on it .... I have seen pitchers of stage 3 it's terrible.. i think mine I only in stage 1 maybe stage 2 ..ik hurts .so my question is does it matter how bad it is to have surgery done ...

• Posted

The pain could be very intense and the malodor should be very smelly , with mine there was always a painful discharge and my range of motion in shoulder was poor making me week and tired. I think I was in stage 3 to 4 but not exactly sure. All I do know is that after surgery things get better. My average healing time was 3 to five weeks. But you really have to get good guidance from a Surgeon who really knows about this disease . I've had over ten surgeries since 2009 and this disease put me into full disability since 2012. I've had it in buttocks, groin,inner thighs,genital and both armpit regions very grueling disease . Good luck and no your options, I'm on a biologic called Humira and I'm noticing receding results in a lot of my regions. It's all about controlling the disease. Good luck

• Posted

Find a surgeon that accepts Medicaid. I am on medicaid and just had surgery on the 15th of November. My pcp and even doctors in the emergency room recommended me to have surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.