My Dream

Posted , 10 users are following.

I wake between 4 and 5 am, local.

And take my 5 mg pred and tylenol.

After a quick phone scan for news, 

I drift to sleep for a few more, using 

progressive relaxation on pillowed arms.

I dream this morning of my new rheumatologist.

A Romanian beauty in central Florida..

She  looks at me for the entire appointment,

Like no others before she listened and believed.

Never once glancing at her screen or typing on her computer.

Just as she was to speak,

The dog barked.

8 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That really was a fantasy dream wasn't it?? Too bad you had to wake up. smile
    • Posted

Actually, this was a real dream this very morning, and I have yet to see this new rheumatologist. My appointment is in July. I found it interesting that  even my dreams are saturated by this entity PMR.
  • Posted

" believed"..   I hear this all to often.  Why don't they believe?  
    • Posted

I have theory on that: it is very very difficult for one to understand another's pain, unless they actually have felt it or can see it. PMR has few outward manifestations, except how we move.

I suppose that in the  future (10-20 years), there will be information transmittal from the patient to the physician, through computers and electronics, which will allow the physician to sense and feel the pain. Then, they would be believers.

• Posted

Wishful Thinking Me Thinks, but it made me smile.  Thank Youcheesygrin
  • Posted

I love this poem! Why not submit it somewhere? Can you send us some more examples of your good writing ability? Regards--B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.