My ears are blocked

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have LPR and have noticed lately that I have a sensation of blocked ears, well actually just one ear, but it alternates. I have had them checked and there's no wax of blockage. I have read on the forum that LPR can cause blocked ears but does anyone have any recommendations of how to clear them ?

I drink alkaline water, eat the correct foods, knock Gaviscon Advance back like it's going out if fashion( which does help), but I have just noticed the ear blockage. Any ideas ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem. I lost my hearing and had ringing in my hears. My balance felt off as well! It is so frustrating. The only thing that worked for me was steroid naisal sprays. The regular ones and steaming did not work. It isn't immediate I'm afraid but it seemed to work in the end. Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your answer. I am already in a steroid nasal spray, have been for while due to rhinitis. I can hear ok, it's just feels blocked and I can hear my own voice when I speak. I'll go back to the doctor again. Seeing ENT in Feb but can't wait that long ! 

Thanks again for your reply 

• Posted

Me too everything was reversed sound wise ie eating was v loud etc . He gave me a combination if 2 sprays which seemed to work I can give you the names if u like. I too have had different sprays for years for rhinitis. I wonder also if post nasal drip can cause it yet I have not been diagnosed with this. Hope you feel better soon. I felt like i was going crazy!
    • Posted

Yes please, I'd be really grateful if you could thank you !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.