My ears are popping when I chew

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just had some very crunchy snacks and my ears kept popping every time I chewed. I have bruxism and my jaw occasionally pops and clicks. Could this be the reason? Or does it sound more like an ear infection? I have been feeling a bit under the weather the last week, I have been quite dizzy and nauseas and have had a mild fever.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had this same thing going on two weeks did you ever get any answers?

• Posted

No but it comes and goes still so I am thinking it maybe it wasn't an infection. Maybe it is a problem with my inner ear because I get dizzy quite a lot.

• Posted

mine pops when I swallow and had first about three weeks don't want to spend a fortune going to the ent and them tell me its its nothing. I dont get dizzy with mine however.

• Posted

I would query TMJ. That is also associated with jaw popping/clicking/grinding and sometime pain when chewing.

Not sure about dizziness, I suppose it's possible it could cause some.

Doesn't really sound like an ear infection, sounds more mechanical to me if you discount the fever etc as being unrelated (doing so due to your recent comment).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.