My ears just started ringing.

Posted , 5 users are following.

It happened a few minutes ago while I was on my computer working in my room. I'm 35. I had an ear infection many years ago. I used to be a skydiver, I heard that can cause problems with ears. I've had a cold recently and my sinuses were quite blocked and so I popped my ears a lot. But I haven't been blocked up badly for a couple of days now. 

What should I do? I read online that the early period is critical. I'm scared. Is this a deteriorating condition?

Is there anything I can do, or is it a case of just living with it?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thomas,

All you can do is one day at a time and try not to stress. That makes it much worse..just breathe deep thru nose and exhale thru mouth a few times when you feel stressed. Some of us feel high stress caused ours and does cause it to rise in intensity. Iv had mine for over 2 yrs. I am learning to cohabitate. If yrs is permanent, prayerfully it isnt, you can and will adjust. So try not 2 worry. Yours may leave as quick as it came. If not, there are drs on youtube you can lusten to that really helps you to deal with it. Try to be at peace..

• Posted

I'd go see an ENT asap. If you can't since there's always a long wait, go see your Dr and get him to prescribe e you Prednisone, at least for 20 days and see how do after that. Asap.

• Posted

thanks. I'll go today. I've looked online and it seems untreatable. fingers crossed

• Posted

Do not get worked up over it mate, it will make it worse, I am 33 and I had it since I was 20ish, Got mine working in a warehouse making double glazing, they provided all the protection but being young and stupid I didn't use them.

I had forgotten I had tinnitus until I see the email from patient info, and blocked my ears to make sure it was still there and it is.. I hardly notice it, give it time and look after your ears and you should be OK.

But do not stress over it, I used to about mine and it made it so much worse, gave me anxiety.. take it easy, 

BR Jamie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.