Posted , 9 users are following.
i have been suffering with ectopic beats for almost 6months now, they are honestly the worst thing i could imagine due to their unpredict ability.
My experience is as follows
- i get them around 30 times a day mainly when i am moving outside or laughing hard or when i get anxious as if it occurs when there is a spike inadrenaline or excitement of any form. they give me a sinking feeling in my stomach like when a rollercoaster drops, my heart skips a beat and it feels lik e my heart is about to stop or go erratic and thats when i feel like i am about to die.
- the ectopics can be followed by lightheadedness or my stomach feeling unease as if its moving around in my abdomen
- they tend to not happen when i am staying still or resting such as resting on a sofa
- i also noticed that i get these ectopic beats when i am changing position in bed sometimes
- tachycardia can happen from time to time where my heart rate hovers around 100-120 for a little bit, often i feel breathless or light headed when this happen.
- i sometimes wake up feeling with strong palpitation and elevated resting heart rate around 88-110 for no reason straight up from sleeping. although this doesnt happen often as my ectopic beats
- heavy meals can sometimes trigger them
i have seen a cardiologist and did a ecg monitoring and waiting for those results now. I wanted to hear from your guys, if you suffered something similar or know how to deal with it. i am only 21 and really dont know how i am supposed to cope withthis feeling as i truly feel scared all the time. it has stopped me from taking up an active lifestyle as i am scared it can trigger an erratic heart rate.
i have stopped any caffiene or fizzy drinks and reduced my sugar intakes.
people dont believe how much it has impacted my life when i tell them about and was hopingi could find some people who understand
thank you for reading
0 likes, 25 replies